Job Location: Plainfield, IN
DHL Global Forwarding (DGF) is the world leader in air freight services and one of the leading providers of ocean freight services. Around 30,000 employees work to ensure we transport our customers of shipments by air or sea. DGF’s logistics solutions span the entire supply chain, from the factory to the shop floor. This also includes special transport-related services. Visit our career site on the web at https://www.logistics.dhl/us-en/home/careers.html
As a Warehouse Agent you will be responsible for all aspects of warehouse functions including the receiving, storing, handling, shipping and preparing of product for customer delivery while maintaining the warehouse in a safe and orderly fashion.
Key Responsibilities :
- Ability to safely operate a forklift and Pallet Jack to load, unload and move freight within the warehouse.
- Efficiently work with the existing Warehouse Management Data base system (i.e. MGMS, FSI, Logis, LMMS or other similar programs)
- Knowledge of and ability to handle dangerous goods
- Knowledge of and ability to handle life science shipments
- Determine proper space requirement for Freight staging.
- Using and navigating the Warehouse Management System (WMS)
- Linking an FSI Station inventory/on hand/warehouse receipt to a HAWB
Skills / Requirements :
- 1 year of experience in the logistics industry is required
- Demonstrates correct understanding of routine aspects of work
- Ability to regularly lift weight (60 pounds)
- Forklift experience is required
- Effectively producing written communications which are clear, fluent, concise and readily understood by recipients
- Effectively expressing ideas and thoughts verbally in individual or group situations to bring about understanding
- Creating or responding promptly to emails, writing in a concise professional manner, ensuring correct spelling and grammar
- Cooperates and works well with others in pursuit of team goals, shares information and supports others
- Ability to establish and maintain relationships with people at all levels, put others at ease; promote harmony and consensus through diplomatic handling of disagreements or conflicts
- HS diploma or GED is a plus
Why join DHL Global Forwarding?
DHL GLOBAL FORWARDING HAS BEEN RECOGNIZED EXTERNALLY AS TOP EMPLOYER AND
WHY DOES THIS MATTER TO YOU?
- It means that when you partner with DHL Global Forwarding you’re working with an ethical and socially responsible company.
- We believe that when people love to come to work, they give more, try harder for their Customers, and are proud of the service they give.
- And that’s why external organizations have granted us different accolades for our people practices
Our Vision : The Logistics Company for the World
Our Purpose: We connect people, improving their lives.
Our Values: Respect & Results
Our Goals: Employer, Provider, and Investment of Choice, Living Responsibility
DHL Global Forwarding is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.
DHL Global Forwarding will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States. This is not a position for which visa sponsorship will be provided. Individuals who need sponsorship for work authorization, now or in the future, are not eligible for hire for this role.
About DHL Global Forwarding (DGF) :
DHL Global Forwarding (DGF) is the world leader in air freight services and one of the leading providers of ocean freight services. Around 30,000 employees work to ensure the transport of all kinds of shipments by air or sea. DGF’s logistics solutions span the entire supply chain, from the factory to the shop floor. They also include special transport-related services.
Equal Opportunity Employer, Disability/Vets. Click here for EEO Statements and Reasonable Accommodations.
If you require alternative methods of application or screening, you must approach the employer directly to request this as H1BVisaJobs is not responsible for the employer’s application process.