What We’re Looking For
At HNTB, you can create a career that is meaningful to you while building communities that matter to all of us. For more than a century, we have been delivering solutions for some of the largest, most complex infrastructure projects across the country. With our historic growth, it is an exciting time to join our team of employee-owners.
Are you looking for a new, exciting opportunity? Join our St. Louis, MO office and be an integral part of growing our transportation design practice. We are looking for a team-oriented design engineer with MoDOT and/or local municipal transportation design experience who is knowledgeable in Microstation and Geopak design software. While the primary focus will be on local and statewide highway and transportation projects, the candidate will have the opportunity to support other disciplines and projects through our Central States Office and firmwide transportation practice. Join our more than a century of experience and be a part of why HNTB is the No. 1 design firm in Transportation in 2022 by Engineering News Record’s Midwest Survey.
This opportunity entails being responsible for assisting in the production and modification of design calculations, technical reports, engineering plans and specifications for assigned projects. This position performs research, development, calculations, design and delivery in partnership with the project team. Applies engineering techniques, procedures and design criteria for projects ranging in size and complexity. Leverages technical knowledge and experience to assist in the execution and evaluation of project designs. Develops conceptual and detailed designs and calculations to support the project execution using current drawing and technical tools, programs and software. As a member of the team, you will contribute to the successful project delivery for a diverse range of projects for HNTB’s clients.
What You’ll Do:
- Completes assigned work within the schedule and number of hours provided.
- Responsible for preparation and/or modification for select portions of project reports, plans, designs, and calculations.
- Develops project quantities and assists with development of cost estimates.
- Assists engineering teams with organization and administrative support of design files.
- Able to self-sufficiently complete various tasks and duties including but not limited to research, data collection, field investigations, development, and design of projects.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
What You’ll Need:
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering and 2 years of relevant experience, or
- Master’s degree in Engineering and 1 year of relevant experience
What You’ll Bring:
- Perform design calculations, geometric design, modeling and plan production of roadway, temporary and permanent traffic control plans, quantities, Engineer’s estimates and final specifications
- Displays proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, and MicroStation and/or AutoCad or other software as required for job assignments
- Follow and achieve project scope, schedule, and budget in accordance with quality procedures
What We Prefer:
- Engineer in Training (EIT) certification
- MoDOT and/or local municipal transportation experience
- Microstation experience – Bentley OpenRoads and/or Concept Station a plus
- Bluebeam Revu Experience
- Active engagement in local and/or civic organization
Click here for benefits information: HNTB Total Rewards
Click here to learn more about EOE including disability and vet
Visa sponsorship is available for this position.
\#SR #Highways #LI-SR1
St. Louis, MO
NOTICE TO THIRD-PARTY AGENCIES:
HNTB does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or agencies. Any staffing/employment agency, person or entity that submits an unsolicited resume to this site does so with the understanding that the applicant’s resume will become the property of HNTB. HNTB will have the right to hire that applicant at its discretion and without any fee owed to the submitting staffing/employment agency, person or entity. Staffing/employment agencies who have fee agreements with HNTB must submit applicants to the designated HNTB recruiter to be eligible for placement fees.
Job Type: Regular
Full/Part Time: Full time
Job Category: Engineering Group
“If you require alternative methods of application or screening, you must approach the employer directly to request this as H1BVisaJobs is not responsible for the employer’s application process.”