Full Job Description
What We’re Looking For
At HNTB, you can create a career that is meaningful to you while building communities that matter to all of us. For more than a century, we have been delivering solutions for some of the largest, most complex infrastructure projects across the country. With our historic growth, it is an exciting time to join our team of employee-owners.
What You’ll Do:
- Completes assigned work within the schedule and number of hours provided.
- Assist in the development of project specifications.
- Responsible for development of discipline specific engineering project elements/deliverables such as reports, designs, and plans.
- Aids in the coordination and productivity of project team members.
- Provides technical guidance to less experienced engineering project team members.
- Works closely with other disciplines and on multi-discipline projects.
- Performs quality control reviews of discipline – specific engineering project elements/deliverables.
- Assists with coordination and planning of schedules, hours, and distribution of work within discipline.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
What You’ll Need:
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering and 4 years of relevant experience, or
- Master’s degree in Engineering and 3 year of relevant experience, or
- PhD in Engineering and 2 years of relevant experience
What You’ll Bring:
- Provide support with developing guidance for adaptive signal control systems, efficient signal operations, and other arterial management-related aspects.
- Develop CADD plans for ITS, concept traffic design, signing and pavement marking, lighting design, etc.
- Develop and review Regional Traffic Management Center (RTMC) active arterial management operational procedures or guidelines.
- Develop and update project-level architectures, systems engineering documents, and Concept of Operations documents.
- Develop presentations, white papers, reports, performance measures reports, policies, procedures, and guidance.
- Perform data analytics using safety and traffic operations data with tools such as Excel and other database management systems.
- Study national best practices in such areas as Signal Performance Metrics, and the Regional Transportation Operations Programs across the nation, and offer pragmatic approaches for the state to advance traffic operations.
- Prepare detailed and managerial dashboards using various tools such as Excel, Tableau, and Microsoft BI.
What We Prefer:
- Engineer in Training (EIT) certification
- Professional Engineer (PE) certification
Click here for benefits information: HNTB Total Rewards
Click here to learn more about EOE including disability and vet
Visa sponsorship is available for this position.
NOTICE TO THIRD-PARTY AGENCIES:
HNTB does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or agencies. Any staffing/employment agency, person or entity that submits an unsolicited resume to this site does so with the understanding that the applicant’s resume will become the property of HNTB. HNTB will have the right to hire that applicant at its discretion and without any fee owed to the submitting staffing/employment agency, person or entity. Staffing/employment agencies who have fee agreements with HNTB must submit applicants to the designated HNTB recruiter to be eligible for placement fees.
Job Type: Regular
Full/Part Time: Full time
Job Category: Engineering Group
If you require alternative methods of application or screening, you must approach the employer directly to request this as H1BVisaJobs is not responsible for the employer’s application process.