This position will be based out of our closest CDM Smith office and is open to a hybrid work schedule allowing work from home several days per week. **
The Construction Scheduler 2 is responsible for creating and revising preliminary master schedules detailing the sequence of all work to be performed. The Construction Scheduler 2 shall maintain the master schedule for each project and identify and record the impact of work performed and not performed as scheduled. Evaluate actual construction progress and provide regular schedule updates.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist Project Managers in creating short-term schedules, monitor such schedules to determine impact on master schedule, and help in formulating actions to correct scheduling problems
- Coordinate with parallel activities within the firm including Engineering disciplines and office administrative functions
- Contribute to the development of working schedules which sufficiently illustrate the sequence of work activities and contract time
- Provide information as needed on the content, modification, or presentation of project schedule
- Incorporate resource and/or cost loading data into schedules as required
- Appraisal of project cost and schedule performance for all assigned projects
- Status, update and report for all project activities
- Integrate Subcontractor’s schedules
- Report and analyze schedule variances against baselines
- Appraise contract progress relative to the schedule and report results to Project Manager
- Review, upgrade as necessary, and approve the Subcontractor’s schedule control plan
- Ensure the Subcontractors’ schedule and cost forecast are in alignment
- Track and analyze progress variances against baselines
- Raise flags, take recovery actions and follow up when adverse progress trends are identified
- Review and endorse progress report by the Subcontractor
- Track committed and actual, reconcile actual with estimated cost, develop cost forecast, analyze variations against baselines
- Review and integrate with Subcontractors cost reports and expenditures
- Three (3) or more years of relevant experience with an Associate degree or higher, or
- Five (5) or more years of experience with a high school diploma or equivalent
The Associate degree or higher must be in Construction Management, Engineering, or similar technical field.
- P6 experience strongly preferred
Amount of Travel Required
Skills and Abilities
- Strong computer aptitude to include thorough knowledge of construction scheduling software i.e. Primavera, Microsoft Project and Sure Track
- Understanding of design time lines
- Understanding of various types of schedule systems i.e. Gantt, Pert & CPM, principles and practices required
- Strong organizational skills
- Understanding of various levels of scheduling
- Team player attitude
- Strong knowledge of construction methods and requirements
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to make independent decisions
- Analytical skills
- Works overtime as required
- Ability to work with Architects, Engineers and Subcontractors
- Team player, dependable, gets along with coworkers
Background Check and Drug Testing Information
CDM Smith Inc. and its divisions and subsidiaries (hereafter collectively referred to as “CDM Smith”) reserves the right to require background checks including criminal, employment, education, licensure, etc. as well as credit and motor vehicle when applicable for certain positions. In addition, CDM Smith may conduct drug testing for designated positions.
Background checks are conducted after an offer of employment has been made in the United States. The timing of when background checks will be conducted on candidates for positions outside the United States will vary based on country statutory law but in no case, will the background check precede an interview.
CDM Smith will conduct interviews of qualified individuals prior to requesting a criminal background check, and no job application submitted prior to such interview shall inquire into an applicant’s criminal history. If this position is subject to a background check for any convictions related to its responsibilities and requirements, employment will be contingent upon successful completion of a background investigation including criminal history. Criminal history will not automatically disqualify a candidate.
In addition, during employment individuals may be required by CDM Smith or a CDM Smith client to successfully complete additional background checks, including motor vehicle record as well as drug testing.
Visa Sponsorship Available