At Ford Motor Company, we believe freedom of movement drives human progress. We also believe in providing you with the freedom to define and realize your dreams! With our incredible plans for the future of mobility, we have a wide variety of opportunities for you to accelerate your career potential as you help us define tomorrow’s transportation.
Ford Model E is responsible for developing the key technologies and capabilities – such as EV platforms, batteries, e-motors, inverters, charging and recycling – to create ground-up, breakthrough electric vehicles. By joining the best software, engineering, design and UX talent, you will be a part of creating new technologies and concepts that can be applied across the Ford enterprise. Being on the Ford Model E team means building the future as Ford’s center of innovation and growth through electric and connected vehicles and services.
The Staff Systems Engineer – Requirements will be responsible for concept development and system level design of the Vehicle Electrical System Architecture through multiple stages of development starting from the block diagram architecture phase. You will Conceptualize, Design, Engineer, Develop and support the launch of next generation Vehicle Platform Architectures for electric vehicles.
The minimum requirements we seek:
- B.S. in Systems Engineering or similar
- 6+ years of experience in requirements management for a complex electromechanical system in a regulated industry (eg. Automotive, Aerospace, Medical Device)
- 6+ years of demonstrated proficiency with requirements management system Jama at administrator level
Preferred Requirements :
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Data management and data science experience, scripting and tools integration
- An eagerness to work cross-functionally in a dynamic environment where you are part of a high performing team
- A systems engineering approach to managing requirements, identifying and addressing gaps
- Experience deriving requirements from architectural discussions and design reviews
- Experience in Model-based systems engineering, SysML
What you’ll receive in return:
As part of the Ford family, you’ll enjoy excellent compensation and a comprehensive benefits package that includes generous PTO, retirement, savings and stock investment plans, incentive compensation and much more. You’ll also experience exciting opportunities for professional and personal growth and recognition.
If you have what it takes to help us redefine the future of mobility, we’d love to have you join us.
Candidates for positions with Ford Motor Company must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is available for this position.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a culturally diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, age, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status or protected veteran status.
For information on Ford’s salary and benefits, please visit:
2023 New Hire Benefits Summary LL6 HTHD (ford.com)
At Ford, the health and safety of our employees is our top priority. Vaccination has been proven to play a critical role in combatting COVID-19. As a result, Ford has made the decision to require U.S. salaried employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, unless employees require an accommodation for religious or medical reasons. Being fully vaccinated means that an individual is at least two weeks past their final dose of an authorized COVID-19 vaccine regimen. As a condition of employment, newly hired employees will be required to provide proof of their COVID-19 vaccination or an approved medical or religious exemption.
What you’ll be able to do:
- Lead the System Requirements capture and management of next generation Model e products
- Establish and maintain the requirements database, integrate with other business tools, develop reporting and visualization tools
- Capture requirements at every level from product to detailed hardware and software requirements
- Develop requirements structure, traceability, and scripting/reporting tools
- Extract detailed technical requirements for performance and safety features of Model e vehicles, identify and resolve gaps and overlaps, negotiate requirements with cross functional stakeholders
- Define test cases and validation plans to prove out those requirements
- Manage the requirements database, create configurations and search/reporting tools to assist other engineers
- Manage requirements database integration into Jira, email, and other internal business productivity tools
- Be part of highly technical cross functional team to implement the details Model e products from concept to production
- Work closely with Software teams in linking Software requirements to Software source code and design description artifacts
- Enable effective reporting to support communications with manufacturing, supply chain, and other engineering teams to deliver optimal metrics
- Support presentations of concepts and status to senior management and internally to company personnel in an integration and subject matter expert role.
If you require alternative methods of application or screening, you must approach the employer directly to request this as H1BVisaJobs is not responsible for the employer’s application process.