Full Job Description
At Ford Motor Company, we believe freedom of movement drives human progress. We also believe in providing you with the freedom to define and realize your dreams! With our incredible plans for the future of mobility, we have a wide variety of opportunities for you to accelerate your career potential as you help us define tomorrow’s transportation.
Ford Model E is responsible for developing the key technologies and capabilities – such as EV platforms, batteries, e-motors, inverters, charging and recycling – to create ground-up, breakthrough electric vehicles. By joining the best software, engineering, design and UX talent, you will be a part of creating new technologies and concepts that can be applied across the Ford enterprise. Being on the Ford Model E team means building the future as Ford’s center of innovation and growth through electric and connected vehicles and services.
The Sr. Staff Functional Safety Integration Engineer will be responsible for concept development and system level design of vehicle system safety architecture while influencing software, electrical and hardware architecture and topology. Core responsibilities include leading Functional Safety of Low & High Voltage System Architecture and leading definition of Safety System Requirements. Additional duties include cross-functional collaboration with manufacturing process engineers in helping solve manufacturing challenges, lead optimizations in existing production processes, and drive innovation in manufacturing setting. You will Conceptualize, Design, Engineer, Develop and support the launch of next generation Vehicle Platform Architectures for electric vehicles.
What you’ll be able to do:
- Lead the Functional Safety efforts associated with developing the next generation of Hardware & Software Platform solutions for Ford electric vehicles
- Perform Safety Analysis such as HARA (Hazard Risk Analysis), FMEA (Failure Modes & Effects Analysis), and FTA (Fault Tree Analysis) while collaborating with development teams throughout the engineering organization.
- Define safety requirements at vehicle, subsystem, and component level
- Lead design safety implementation of High & Low Voltage Architecture, Vehicle Software and Networking, Compute platform, UI/UX Design, and Body Electronics and Actuators
- Perform Trade Studies to determine optimal technological, manufacturing and operational approaches to implementing the safety architecture and related subsystems
- Perform safety analysis of 3 rd party designs and audits of suppliers
Work closely with Homologation and Legal teams to align Functional Safety with regulatory requirements
Key contributor to core technology programs including next generation compute and body controls domain design
- Continuous development & improvement of advanced EV system development processes
- Influence feature development definition during upfront development process
Identify and track key system decision that establish technology roadmaps and product architecture
- Lead and contribute to design reviews, test plans, and requirements definition to further optimize High and Low Voltage System Architecture
- Define Requirements for HIL (Hardware-in-Loop) test setups and drive implementation with cross-functional teams and suppliers
- Enable effective communications with manufacturing, supply chain, and other engineering teams to deliver optimal design solutions
- Support presentations of concepts and status to senior management and internally to company personnel in an integration and subject matter expert role
The minimum requirements we seek:
- B.S. in Electrical, Software, or Computer Engineering, or related field
- Certification in Automotive Functional Safety (ISO 26262)
- Strong fundamentals in Systems Engineering
- 5+ years of experience designing and developing complex, safety critical systems at OEM level, from concept to mass production
- 3+ years of experience using vehicle network interface tools (Vector, Peak, Intrepid, etc)
- 3+ year of experience in a factory setting launching new products
Preferred Requirements :
- M.S. in Electrical, Software, or Computer Engineering, or related field
- Hands-on experience building and launching automotive products and vehicle prototyping
- Experience with Microsoft Office, Confluence, and Jira applications
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- An eagerness to work cross-functionally in a dynamic environment where you are part of a high performing team
- A system approach to design and development with the desire and curiosity to strive for exceptional delivery execution and continuous improvement
- Familiarity with dependable embedded systems development, RTOS (Real Time Operating Systems), and techniques for ensuring functional safety by design
What you’ll receive in return:
As part of the Ford family, you’ll enjoy excellent compensation and a comprehensive benefits package that includes generous PTO, retirement, savings and stock investment plans, incentive compensation and much more. You’ll also experience exciting opportunities for professional and personal growth and recognition.
If you have what it takes to help us redefine the future of mobility, we’d love to have you join us.
Candidates for positions with Ford Motor Company must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is available for this position.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a culturally diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, age, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status or protected veteran status.
For information on Ford’s salary and benefits, please visit:
At Ford, the health and safety of our employees is our top priority. Vaccination has been proven to play a critical role in combatting COVID-19. As a result, Ford has made the decision to require U.S. salaried employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, unless employees require an accommodation for religious or medical reasons. Being fully vaccinated means that an individual is at least two weeks past their final dose of an authorized COVID-19 vaccine regimen. As a condition of employment, newly hired employees will be required to provide proof of their COVID-19 vaccination or an approved medical or religious exemption.
If you require alternative methods of application or screening, you must approach the employer directly to request this as H1BVisaJobs is not responsible for the employer’s application process.