Full Job Description
Your Impact Shapes the World at Caterpillar
Whether it be groundbreaking products, best in class solutions or creating a lifelong career, you can do the work that matters at Caterpillar. With a 95-year legacy of quality and innovation and 150 locations in countries around the world, your impact spans the globe.
When you join Caterpillar, you’re joining a global team who cares not just about the work we do – but also about each other. We are the makers, problem solvers and future world builders who are creating stronger, more sustainable communities. We don’t just talk about progress and innovation here – we make it happen, with our customers, where we work and live. Together, we are building a better world, so we can all enjoy living in it.
Electric drivetrain development is an exciting job opportunity, and this technology continues to expand to new product lines. Future electric drivetrain programs will continue to provide customers with machines that do more work and consume less fuel, while providing customers with lower owning and operating costs.
The Electric Drive – Sr Engineer-Test/Validation executes lab testing of advanced drivetrain components and systems at the Caterpillar Global R&D Headquarters as part of new product development programs or continuous product improvement projects.
What you will do:
- Define test validation requirements.
- Develop lab tests to validate components and systems
- Ensure lab tests are executed successfully to validate components / systems.
- Analyze test data for completeness and accuracy
- Communicate results and making recommendations to customers, suppliers, team members, and other business units
- Identify and troubleshoot hardware and software issues
- Validate and implement product solutions
- Document findings in technical reports.
What you must have:
- Requires a bachelor’s degree in an accredited Engineering, Computer Science, or Materials Science curriculum AND 5+ years of engineering experience OR a Master’s degree in an Engineering, Computer Science, or Materials Science curriculum AND 2+ years of engineering experience.
- Previous powertrain product development experience (design, test, or analysis).
- Excellent mechanical aptitude and understanding of mechanical systems
- Understanding of electrical systems
Top candidates will also have:
- Experience with data analysis tools
- Experience with data acquisition systems
- Experience working in a lab test facility
- Experience with electric drive systems and/or components
- Experience with NPI and CPI systems/processes
What you will get:
- A commitment to diversity and inclusion . Our common values and focus on inclusion and respect drive the decisions made by our company, teams, and people. Here, you can apply your unique life and job experiences, and work in a team environment where your ideas are heard, your contributions are celebrated, and your whole-self matters.
- You earn more than just a salary because we value your performance. We offer a total rewards package that provides benefits on day one (medical, dental, vision, RX, and 401K) along with the potential of an annual bonus.
- Additional benefits include paid vacation days and paid holidays (prorated based upon hire date)
- This position will close on 5/31/2023
- Travel requirements may be less than 10%.
- This position is located in Mossville, IL
- Domestic relocation is available.
- Sponsorship is available for this position
Please frequently check the email associated with your application, including the junk/spam folder, as this is the primary correspondence method. If you wish to know the status of your application – please use the candidate log-in on our career website as it will reflect any updates to your status.
This role is open to foreign national applicants that will require sponsorship either now or in the future. As a global company, Caterpillar offers many job opportunities outside of the U.S. which can be found through our employment website at www.caterpillar.com/careers .
Relocation is available for this position.Visa sponsorship available for eligible applicants.EEO/AA Employer. All qualified individuals – Including minorities, females, veterans and individuals with disabilities – are encouraged to apply.
Not ready to apply? Submit your information to our Talent Network here .
If you require alternative methods of application or screening, you must approach the employer directly to request this as H1BVisaJobs is not responsible for the employer’s application process.