Full Job Description
At Ford Motor Company, we believe freedom of movement drives human progress. We also believe in providing you with the freedom to define and realize your dreams! With our incredible plans for the future of mobility, we have a wide variety of opportunities for you to accelerate your career potential as you help us define tomorrow’s transportation.
Ford Model E is responsible for developing the key technologies and capabilities – such as EV platforms, batteries, e-motors, inverters, charging and recycling – to create ground-up breakthrough electric vehicles. By joining the best software, engineering, design and UX talent, you will be a part of creating new technologies and concepts that can be applied across the Ford enterprise. Being on the Ford Model E team means building the future as Ford’s center of innovation and growth through electric and connected vehicles and services.
The minimum requirements we seek:
- Bachelor’s degree in mechanical engineering, or related field
- 3+ years of experience in cost engineering (preferably automotive)
- 3+ years of proven expertise with Cost Engineering, Computer-Aided Design (CAD), Mathematical Modeling, Data Analysis, Finance, Manufacturing, Supplier Negotiation
- Proficiency in aPriori, Facton or similar digital cost modeling tools
- Create, Maintain, and improve cost estimating tools and systems to enable engineers to do cost estimation from first principles on parts and products that don’t yet exist
- Ability to navigate CAD models in CATIA or similar 3D CAD software
- Ability to read and understand design and manufacturing drawings
- Practical knowledge of Value Analysis / Value Engineering (VAVE) techniques and strong financial awareness
- Capability to independently create a Bill of Materials (BoM) on a given commodity or design and assign cost
Our preferred requirements:
- 5 + years automotive industry experience
- Ability to think creatively and to champion innovative solutions.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong team player with record of collaboration
- Excellent networking skills
- Strong organizational and administrative skills
- Ability to multi-task
- Strong problem-solving and conflict management skills
- Work as an active member of the team, ensure effective communication between colleagues and positively contribute regularly to meetings and briefings
What you’ll receive in return:
As part of the Ford family, you’ll enjoy excellent compensation and a comprehensive benefits package that includes generous PTO, retirement, savings and stock investment plans, incentive compensation and much more. You’ll also experience exciting opportunities for professional and personal growth and recognition.
If you have what it takes to help us redefine the future of mobility, we’d love to have you join us.
Candidates for positions with Ford Motor Company must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is available for this position.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a culturally diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, age, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status or protected veteran status.
At Ford, the health and safety of our employees is our top priority. Vaccination has been proven to play a critical role in combatting COVID-19. As a result, Ford has made the decision to require U.S. salaried employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, unless employees require an accommodation for religious or medical reasons. Being fully vaccinated means that an individual is at least two weeks past their final dose of an authorized COVID-19 vaccine regimen. As a condition of employment, newly hired employees will be required to provide proof of their COVID-19 vaccination or an approved medical or religious exemption.
For information on Ford’s salary and benefits, please visit: https://corporate.ford.com/content/dam/corporate/us/en-us/documents/careers/2022-benefits-and-comp-GSR-sal-plan-2.pdf
What you’ll be able to do:
The Senior, Staff, or Senior Staff Cost Engineer, will e nable program engineers to do cost estimating an cost optimization in multiple phases from architecture through to execution of an electric vehicle. Build and Maintain information sources of historical part cost data for reference BOMs and programs and develop processes for engineers to identify key differences in material, process, labor content, or other attributes which contribute to the makeup of value in a part.
If you require alternative methods of application or screening, you must approach the employer directly to request this as H1BVisaJobs is not responsible for the employer’s application process.