Full Job Description
What We’re Looking For
An experienced individual who can Work as part of a project management team for one or more large innovative delivery projects under the Georgia Major Mobility Investment Program. Member of an owner’s representative team providing contractor oversight and project support services. Candidates with legal/contracts administration expertise strongly preferred.
This opportunity entails being responsible for issue resolution, risk management, contract administration and compliance, and change management on alternative delivery mega transportation project(s) of a diverse and complex nature with a contract price from $500 million to over $1billion. Provides services and trains staff on contract interpretation and application, manage project communication in all mediums, oversee contract, state, and federal compliance; oversee and manage project risks, issues, and potential changes to resolution. Oversees project staff in review of the contractor’s activities, roles and responsibilities, communication protocols, and execution and application of contract provisions. Primary author of correspondence, vets all project-specific processes and procedures, and co-drafter’s internal management plans. Co-reviewer and commenter of all contractor reports and Management Plans. On-site liaison to the client’s legal department for resolution of claims, formal disputes and litigation. Capture lessons learned on policies, contractual strategies, and project issues draft commensurate contract provisions. Part of an owner’s representative team providing contractor oversight and project support services.
What You’ll Do:
- Provides support on resolving project issues, including application of contract provisions, working with technical experts, and making recommendations for strategies and solutions for resolution. Drafts and co-drafts technical memos, policy papers, and issue analysis codifying recommendations, contract position taken, or resolution documents.
- Reviews correspondence, work with various members of the project team and the owner to develop responses and propose and draft responses.
- Oversees the project team’s review of technical and administrative submittal responses, participates in meetings, reviews reports and minutes, and coordinates project communication utilizing a variety of methods.
- Assists in the resolution of potential change orders, change orders, dispute resolution, and provide claims, formal dispute, and litigation support.
- Performs administrative audits, including both process and product audits. Identifies procedural noncompliance and nonconforming work, opportunities for improvement, and necessary corrective and preventative actions.
- Reviews and audits of subcontracts, insurance and bonding provisions, and subcontracting procedures.
- Mentors and trains the project team on contract interpretation and application of contract policies and requirements, proper communication and documentation, and risks and liabilities related to project roles and responsibilities.
- Makes recommendation for revisions to contract policies, strategies, and provisions, and revise or draft corresponding contract provisions. Recommendations are in written report format.
- Other duties as assigned.
What You’ll Need:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Engineering, Construction Management, Legal Studies or related degree
- Juris Doctor Degree
- 5 years Project management, contract drafting & negotiation, construction claims resolution or similar experience
- In lieu of Juris Doctor Degree, 15 years of Project management, contract drafting & negotiation, construction claims resolution or similar experience
What We Prefer:
- Certifications/Licenses: Member of a State Bar
- Juris Doctor Degree and 10 years of Project management, contract drafting & negotiation, construction claims resolution or similar experience
- Involves complex document interpretation, analysis, problem solving, and communication
- Project leadership role requiring engagement with and providing direction to all other project managers and staff
- Demonstrates a high level of initiative and proactiveness in mitigating risks and recognizing resolutions
- Decision making ability that may have an impact on policies, procedures or the achievement of strategic goals; projects costs and risk exposure
- Excellent writing, editing, verbal, and presentation skills
Click here for benefits information: HNTB Total Rewards
Click here to learn more about EOE including disability and vet
Visa sponsorship is available for this position.
NOTICE TO THIRD-PARTY AGENCIES:
HNTB does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or agencies. Any staffing/employment agency, person or entity that submits an unsolicited resume to this site does so with the understanding that the applicant’s resume will become the property of HNTB. HNTB will have the right to hire that applicant at its discretion and without any fee owed to the submitting staffing/employment agency, person or entity. Staffing/employment agencies who have fee agreements with HNTB must submit applicants to the designated HNTB recruiter to be eligible for placement fees.
Job Type: Regular
Full/Part Time: Full time
Job Category: Program Management Group
If you require alternative methods of application or screening, you must approach the employer directly to request this as H1BVisaJobs is not responsible for the employer’s application process.