We are the movers of the world and the makers of the future. We get up every day, roll up our sleeves and build a better world – together. At Ford, we believe freedom of movement drives human progress and we’re all a part of something bigger than ourselves. You will have the opportunity to accelerate your career potential as you help us define tomorrow’s transportation.
As a key member of our Enterprise Technology Group , you’ll play a critical part in crafting the future of mobility. If you’re looking for the chance to bring to bear advanced technology to redefine the transportation landscape, enhance the customer experience, and improve people’s lives, this is your opportunity. Join us and challenge your IT expertise and analytical skills to help build vehicles that are as inquisitive as you are.
As a Senior Software Engineer, you will be responsible for designing, developing, and implementing a scalable architecture that will support the company’s business requirements.
If you are a highly motivated and experienced Senior Software Engineer with a passion for building scalable and robust platforms using open-source technologies, we encourage you to apply for this exciting opportunity.
The minimum requirements we seek:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or a related field.
- 5+ years of Object-Oriented Development experience which includes you applying expertise in Java Enterprise concepts with the following tools and technologies:
- Spring Platform (Spring MVC, Spring Boot, Spring JDBC, Spring Cloud)
- Automated Testing, Continuous Integration, Continuous Deployment, and technologies (Jenkins CI or similar)
- 5 years of experience with REST APIs, SOAP/WSDL/XML/SOA, etc.
- 2 years of experience in Agile practices (SAFE, Scrum, Kanban, TDD, etc.)
Our preferred requirements:
- Advance Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or a related field.
- Outstanding software engineering and design knowledge; OO Design Principles Practiced in eXtreme Programming (XP) disciplines including Paired programming Test-first/Test Driven Development (TDD)
- 5+ years’ experience mentoring junior developers
- 3+ years of experience in defining and designing monitoring dashboards and alerts using various Monitoring tools like Splunk, Dynatrace.
- 3+ years of experience building Cloud-enabled solutions (Microsoft Azure, AWS, PCF)
- Expertise with Spring Cloud and deploying to cloud platforms (e.g., Pivotal Cloud Foundry, Cloud Foundry)
- Experience delivering products that include front-end web development
- Proven expertise in using Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery tools and pipelines such as Rally, GIT hub, Jenkins, Maven, Gradle, etc.
- Ability to deliver product roadmap achievements
- Provide Agile artifacts associated with application components
- Proven to tackle and problem-solving skills to quickly identify and document the root cause of issues and optimally communicate possible resolutions
- Strong written and verbal communication skills by collaborating with multi-functional teams to develop comprehensive product test plans, solve issues, etc. in a fast-paced, agile environment.
- Possess an understanding of online vehicle sales and eCommerce enablers
What you’ll receive in return:
As an established global company, we offer the benefit of choice. You can choose what your Ford future will look like: will your story span the globe, or keep you close to home? Will your career be a deep dive into what you love or a series of new teams and new skills? Will you be a leader, a changemaker, a technical expert, a culture builder…or all the above? No matter what you choose, we offer a work life that works for you, including Immediate medical, dental, and prescription drug coverage, generous PTO, retirement, and savings plans, incentive compensation, tuition assistance, a vehicle discount program, and much more
For information on Ford’s salary and benefits, please visit:
Candidates for positions with Ford Motor Company must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is available for this position.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a culturally diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, age, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status, or protected veteran status. In the United States, if you need a reasonable accommodation for the online application process due to a disability, please call 1-888-336-0660.
What you’ll be able to do:
- Support new development of REST/JSON-based web services
- Assist in migration to Google Cloud Hosting
- Mentor Junior Developers
- Provide Production Support (on a rotation basis)
- Represent your work on an Agile Kanban
If you require alternative methods of application or screening, you must approach the employer directly to request this as H1BVisaJobs is not responsible for the employer’s application process.