There are over 7 billion people on this planet. And by 2050, there will be 2 billion more… many moving into urban centers at an unprecedented rate. Making sure there is enough food, fiber and infrastructure for our rapidly growing world is what we’re all about at John Deere. And it’s why we’re investing in our people and our technology like never before! Here the world’s brightest minds are tackling the world’s biggest challenges. If you believe one person can make the world a better place, we’ll put you to work. RIGHT NOW.
John Deere is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regards to, among other things, race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
Primary Location: United States (US) – North Carolina – Cary
Function: Engineering (CA)
Title: Software Engineer – 98946
This position is eligible for a flexible work schedule arrangement at the present time. The arrangement may be delayed for training or other job acclimation purposes and remains subject to change.
As a Software Engineer for John Deere Intelligent Solutions Group located in Cary, NC, you will…
- Make software design and implementation decisions on complex software designs
- Execute the development of model-based software applications and simulations to solve complex vehicle system problems and provide direct customer value
- Analyze requirements and develop appropriate software model designs to fulfill the requirements
- Design and execute automated software tests to test software models
- Recognize, propose, and implement process and product efficiency improvements
- Provide technical support to the product support functional area for field issues
- Provide urgent and critical Turf Care factory support for line stopping software issues
- Plan and execute Turf Care factory line programming of new controllers and changes to programming of existing controllers
VISA Sponsorship is available for this position
What Skills You Need
- 3-5 years of experience
- Demonstrated technical problem solving abilities
- Demonstrated exposure in developing embedded applications using C and MATLAB Simulink
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills for working in a team environment
- Experience writing and reviewing software requirements
- Knowledge of software delivery processes
What Makes You Stand Out
- Strong passion for embedded engineering and learning new technologies
- Experience with control systems design and analysis on agricultural applications
- Experience with model-based software development tools
- Experience relating to the design/diagnostics of mechanical/electrical/hydraulic systems
- Knowledge of electronic circuits and components with the ability to read schematics and data sheets
- Experience with continuous integration development and automated build tools
- Experience with embedded systems tools such as emulators, compilers, and simulators
- Experience in automotive communication protocols such as CAN, LIN, and Ethernet
- Experience using laboratory equipment such as Logic Analyzers and Oscilloscopes
- Prioritize skills and experiences from most important to least.
Ideally you will have a degree or equivalent related work experience in the following:
- Require any of the following degrees: BS Electrical Engineering, BS Computer Engineering, BS Mechanical Engineering
What You’ll Get
At John Deere, you are empowered to create a career that will take you to where you want to go while working in an inclusive team environment. Here, you’ll enjoy the freedom to explore new projects, the support to think outside the box and the advanced tools and technology that foster innovation and achievement. Additionally, we offer a comprehensive reward package to help you get started on your new career path, including:
- Flexible work arrangements
- Highly competitive base pay and performance bonuses
- Savings & Retirement benefits (401K and Defined Benefit Pension)
- Healthcare benefits with a generous company contribution in the Health Savings Account
- Adoption assistance
- Employee Assistance Programs
- Tuition assistance
- Fitness subsidies and on-site gyms at specific Deere locations
- Charitable contribution match
- Employee Purchase Plan & numerous discount programs for personal use
Follow this link to learn more about our Total Rewards Package https://bit.ly/3XCd8fL
The information contained herein is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and qualifications required of individuals performing the job. The qualifications detailed in this job description are not considered the minimum requirements necessary to perform the job, but rather as guidelines.
The terms of the applicable benefit plans, and all company actions administering or interpreting these plans, continue to control. Deere & Company reserves the right to suspend, amend, modify, or terminate the Plan(s) in any manner at any time, including the right to modify or eliminate any cost-sharing between the company and participants. Changes, which can be made at any time, are made by action of the company’s board of directors, or to the extent authorized by resolution of its board of directors, or by the Deere & Company Compensation Committee. In the event of a conflict between the language of the official Plan Documents and this document, the language of the official Plan Documents will control.
ACA Section 1557 Nondiscrimination Notice
The John Deere Health Benefit Plans for Salaried Employees and The John Deere Benefit Plan for Wage Employees comply with applicable Federal civil rights laws and do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, disability, or sex.
If you require alternative methods of application or screening, you must approach the employer directly to request this as H1BVisaJobs is not responsible for the employer’s application process.