Together, we own our company, our future, and our shared success.
As an employee-owned company, our people are Black & Veatch. We put them at the center of everything we do and empower them to grow, explore new possibilities and use their diverse talents and perspectives to solve humanity’s biggest challenges in an ever-evolving world. With over 100 years of innovation in sustainable infrastructure and our expertise in engineering, procurement, consulting and construction, together we are building a world of difference.
Company : Black & Veatch Quality Control
Req Id : 98561
Opportunity Type : Staff
Relocation eligible : No
Full time/Part time : Full-Time
Project Only Hire : Yes
Visa Sponsorship Available: No
By joining our BV Construction group, you will have the ability to develop and enhance your skills in an on-site, hands-on environment. We are committed to providing our construction professionals with expert training, career development, and career advancement to allow for continuous professional development. Our management is committed to the latest advances in technology, above class support and sustainability to bring our clients the best service in safety, quality, and final product. Functions in our group include safety, project field management, construction management, quality control, start up and decommissioning and field engineering.”
Initiates site inspections, acceptance, and/or rejection of work performed by a various disciplines in compliance with applicable Codes and/or specifications. Monitors construction schedule. Promotes the implementation of Black & Veatch (B&V) QC policies and standards in the support of project activities.
- Implements and monitors the B&V Field QC Manual and Construction Inspection and Test Plans in support of project requirements and construction schedule.
- Coordinates with engineers, suppliers, contractors, subcontractors, and field staff to ensure that the installed product meets applicable codes and specifications.
- Reviews, analyzes, and evaluates supplier and contractor activities, products, and reports for adherence to the B&V requirements. Monitors subcontractor quality personnel in the execution of their work.
- Conducts quality inspections which may include performance of Non-Destructive Testing, witnessing tests, review of testing by others (e.g.: soil testing, concrete testing, hydrostatic testing, etc.). Prepares and/or reviews reports and quality records in compliance with procedures.
- Verifies that on-site welding and welding documentation meets code and specification requirements including review of Post Weld Heat Treatment (PWHT) documentation as applicable.
- Performs receipt inspections of goods in conjunction with material control staff, as required.
- Identifies non-conformances and participates in corrective actions.
- Reviews and controls the documentation for the certification of construction equipment and testing equipment.
- Assists in the coordination of punch list walk downs / inspections.
- Attends and participates in site meetings as requested.
- Generates records, reports, correspondence, and other documentation in the performance of the work.
- Advocates Safety, HR, and B&V administrative programs in accordance with division policies, standards, and guidelines.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Identifies and assesses improvement opportunities which will add value.
- Minimum of 2 years with a degree, minimum of 4 years without a degree.
- All applicants must be able to complete pre-employment onboarding requirements (if selected) which may include any/all of the following: criminal/civil background check, drug screen, and motor vehicle records search, in compliance with any applicable laws and regulations.
High School Diploma or geographical equivalent qualification preferred. Engineering or Construction related discipline degree or craft apprenticeship preferred.
- Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook
- Time Reporting System, Policies and Procedures
- Human Resource Information System
- Multi-Tasking capabilities
- Knowledge of quality standards and practices
- Knowledge of construction technology and EPC industry
- Constructability knowledge
- Reading of Erection Drawings e.g GA’s, P&ID’s and Isometrics
- Knowledge of National and International Codes and Standards
- Knowledge of National and/or International Rules and Regulatory Requirements
- Knowledge of Quality Management Systems
- Problem Solving (Identify, Analyze, Research, Evaluate, Resolve)
- Human Relation Skills (written, oral, client services)
- Expense Reporting System, Policies and Procedures
- Working group’s Policies and Procedures
- Division Administrative & Project Polices and Procedures
Certification in discipline (e.g.: American Welding Society (AWS), Certified Welding Inspector (CWI), or equilvalent qualification, Institute for Supply Management (ISM)) or relevant equivalent is preferred.
Work Environment/Physical Demands
- Lift and carry heavy items weighing up to 50 pounds.
- Stand, Kneel, Bend, Stoop, Move, and Walk long distances in and around confined, cluttered places, and uneven areas.
- See and hear naturally or with correction.
- Full range of motion and flexibility consistent with requirements of the job duties.
- Requires using hands to handle, control, or feel objects, tools or controls according to a set procedure.
- Requires repetitive movement.
- May require work above 5 feet in height.
- Climb and maintain balance on steel framework, stairs, ladders and scaffolds.
- Work up to a 12 hour shift doing hard physical labor in varying temperature extremes and other outside conditions.
- Typical construction site environment:
- Requires working in cramped work spaces and getting into awkward positions.
- Requires working in very hot (above 90 F degrees) or very cold (below 32F degrees) temperatures and exposure to inclement weather such as dust, wind, snow, rain, etc.
- Requires working in extremely bright or low lighting conditions
- Includes exposure to sounds and noise levels that are distracting or uncomfortable.
- Work around hazardous equipment.
- Typical office environment.
- This position is considered a safety sensitive position.
Black & Veatch endeavors to make www.bv.com/careers accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process because of a disability, please contact the Employee Relations Department at +1-913-359-1622 or via our accommodations request form. This contact information is for disability accommodation requests only; you may not use this contact information to inquire about the status of applications. General inquiries about the status of applications will not be returned.
Black & Veatch is committed to being an employer of choice by creating a valuable work experience that keeps our people engaged, productive, safe and healthy.
Our comprehensive benefits portfolio is a key component of this commitment and offers an array of health care benefits including but not limited to medical, dental and vision insurances along with disability and a robust wellness program.
To support a healthy work-life balance, we offer flexible work schedules, paid vacation and holiday time, sick time, and dependent sick time.
A variety of additional benefits are available to our professionals, including a company-matched 401k plan, adoption reimbursement, tuition reimbursement, vendor discounts, an employment referral program, AD&D insurance, pre-taxed accounts, voluntary legal plan and the B&V Credit Union. Professionals may also be eligible for a performance-based bonus program.
We are proud to be a 100 percent ESOP-owned company. As employee-owners, our professionals are empowered to drive not only their personal growth, but the company’s long-term achievements – and they share in the financial rewards of the success through stock ownership.
By valuing diverse voices and perspectives, we cultivate an authentically inclusive environment for professionals and are able to provide innovative and effective solutions for clients.
Black & Veatch Holding Company, its subsidiaries and its affiliated companies, complies with all Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) affirmative action laws and regulations. Black & Veatch does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, religion, color, sex, national origin, marital status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender Identity and expression, disability, veteran status, pregnancy status or other status protected by law.
Notice to External Search Firms: Black & Veatch does not accept unsolicited resumes and will not be obligated to pay a placement fee for unsolicited resumes. Black & Veatch Talent Acquisition engages with search firms directly for hiring needs.