At Ford Motor Company, we believe freedom of movement drives human progress. We also believe in providing you with the freedom to define and realize your dreams! With our incredible plans for the future of mobility, we have a wide variety of opportunities for you to accelerate your career potential as you help us define tomorrow’s transportation.
Ford Model E is responsible for developing the key technologies and capabilities – such as EV platforms, batteries, e-motors, inverters, charging and recycling – to create ground-up, breakthrough electric vehicles. By joining the best software, engineering, design and UX talent, you will be a part of creating new technologies and concepts that can be applied across the Ford enterprise. Being on the Ford Model E team means building the future as Ford’s center of innovation and growth through electric and connected vehicles and services.
As a Senior Staff Mechanical Design Concept Engineer will play a key role in outlining early engineering feasibility, as well as specifying, developing, analyzing and validating systems and electronic assemblies. You will work closely with many cross functional teams including Ford’s Design Studio, Marketing, Vehicle Engineering and Operations teams to fully realize ideas that will become new product differentiators in the next generation of electric vehicles. You will Conceptualize, Design, Engineer, Develop and support the launch of next generation Vehicle Platform Architectures for electric vehicles.
The minimum requirements we seek:
- B.S. in Mechanical Engineering or similar
- 10+ years of hands-on and detailed product design experience
- 10+ year of experience launching new products
- Background in prototyping, full scale mockups and looks like/feels like demonstrations.
- Strong analytical skills in regard to mechanical engineering theory.
- Experience in leading engineering or technical teams in bringing a product to mass production.
- Proficiency in 3D CAD (Computer Aided Design) (any modeling package).
- Basic GD&T (Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing) knowledge and experience releasing 2D drawings.
- Experience in design, characterization, and validation of consumer electronics, vehicle systems, input devices and/or HMI.
Preferred Requirements :
- Hands-on experience building and launching automotive products and vehicle prototyping
- Experience with Microsoft Office, Confluence, and Jira applications
- Experience with instrumentation of prototype vehicles in a controlled lab environment
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- An eagerness to work cross-functionally in a dynamic environment where you are part of a high performing team
- A system approach to design and development with the desire and curiosity to strive for exceptional delivery execution and continuous improvement
- Experience deriving cost, manufacturability, reliability and failure modes tradeoffs from based on specific designs
What you’ll receive in return:
As part of the Ford family, you’ll enjoy excellent compensation and a comprehensive benefits package that includes generous PTO, retirement, savings and stock investment plans, incentive compensation and much more. You’ll also experience exciting opportunities for professional and personal growth and recognition.
If you have what it takes to help us redefine the future of mobility, we would love to have you join us.
Candidates for positions with Ford Motor Company must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is available for this position.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a culturally diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, age, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status or protected veteran status.
For information on Ford’s salary and benefits, please visit:
2023 New Hire Benefits Summary LL5 (ford.com)
At Ford, the health and safety of our employees is our top priority. Vaccination has been proven to play a critical role in combatting COVID-19. As a result, Ford has made the decision to require U.S. salaried employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, unless employees require an accommodation for religious or medical reasons. Being fully vaccinated means that an individual is at least two weeks past their final dose of an authorized COVID-19 vaccine regimen. As a condition of employment, newly hired employees will be required to provide proof of their COVID-19 vaccination or an approved medical or religious exemption.
What you’ll be able to do:
- Lead the creation and development of product layouts and technology concepts, particularly in the areas of electronics systems including development of early prototypes and new technologies leading into scalable mass production.
- Lead cross-functional collaboration within the development team and across Ford partners including software, electrical engineering, manufacturing, and supply chain.
- Lead the development of product testing plans, including reliability testing, environmental testing, and performance testing.
- Ensure that design concepts and prototypes meet safety and regulatory standards.
- Mentor and provide technical direction and guidance to junior engineers on the team.
If you require alternative methods of application or screening, you must approach the employer directly to request this as H1BVisaJobs is not responsible for the employer’s application process.