Schnabel is an employee-owned, professional consulting firm that focuses on solving complex infrastructure and environmental challenges through innovation and specialization in dam, geotechnical, geostructural, and tunnel engineering. Our high standards for quality, business ethics, and commitment to our core values and local communities are vital parts of who we are and what we offer. Founded in 1956, Schnabel’s dedication to excellence in client service, quality and technical expertise, and value-added solutions has resulted in sustained growth, success, and industry recognition. Schnabel is an ENR Top 500 Design Firm and Top 10 Dams and Reservoirs Design Firm.
Recognized by CE News as one of the Best Engineering Firms to Work for, Schnabel provides employees with a competitive benefits package including maternity leave, tuition reimbursement for continuing education, health, dental, life and disability insurance, and more. Engagement in Schnabel’s wellness program offers incentives for employees to pursue a healthy lifestyle, and the firm rewards employees through its Employee Stock Ownership Plan.
Are you looking for interesting and meaningful work, a fun and flexible atmosphere, and opportunities to learn, grow, and excel? If so, then welcome to Schnabel! We approach problems with creativity and innovation. The Sterling, VA office of Schnabel Engineering is seeking a Senior Staff Engineer to join our growing practice. We are looking for a motivated candidate with an interest in developing both field and analytical skills, a passion to continue to develop as a professional, and a desire to be part of a strong team. Solve complex engineering challenges on both local and international projects while growing your project management skills and developing engineering judgement.
- Plan and coordinate geotechnical field work
- Use GIS and GPS to aid in planning and executing geotechnical field work
- Document soil and rock conditions and log test borings
- Observe geotechnical-related construction
- Prepare field reports
- Create basic plans and figures using AutoCAD and GIS
- Assign and review laboratory tests
- Perform calculations to support geotechnical designs
- Provide support on preparation of geotechnical reports and proposals
- Master’s Degree in Geotechnical Engineering or Civil Engineering or prior experience working for similar geotechnical engineering firm.
- EIT certification or ability to obtain certification within 6 months of hire
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Positive attitude
- Ability to multi-task
- Strong work ethic and a desire for continual self-improvement
- Willingness and ability to perform field work and travel, including assignments that may last several weeks away from the office
- Ability to lift 40 pounds and be physically able to negotiate construction sites, enter trenches, climb ladders and work outside
- Ability to pass a background check which may include criminal history, motor vehicle record and credit check
- Ability to pass a pre-employment screening
- U.S. Citizenship is required. No visa sponsorship will be provided.
EOE including Veterans and Disability
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.
If you require alternative methods of application or screening, you must approach the employer directly to request this as H1BVisaJobs is not responsible for the employer’s application process.