At Bayer we’re visionaries, driven to solve the world’s toughest challenges and striving for a world where ,Health for all, Hunger for none’ is no longer a dream, but a real possibility. We’re doing it with energy, curiosity and sheer dedication, always learning from unique perspectives of those around us, expanding our thinking, growing our capabilities and redefining ‘impossible’. There are so many reasons to join us. If you’re hungry to build a varied and meaningful career in a community of brilliant and diverse minds to make a real difference, there’s only one choice.
Senior Project Manager
YOUR TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The primary responsibilities of this role, Senior Project Manager, are to:
- Provide a high level of ownership and responsibility in leading larger or multiple projects and sole responsibility for finalizing all complex work streams of such projects on a global scale for all Bayer BUs and Service Groups with high strategic relevance;
- Plan and lead the development of solutions together with our global team, working in close collaboration with our internal clients;
- Lead large project teams with sub-teams from client and/or other Bayer departments and/or external consultancies;
- Manage a high level of complexity: Affecting more than one region, international and cross-functional;
- Deliver results in key Business Transformation projects: Corporate Strategy, Organizational Design, Digital Transformation, Change Management, Functional Strategy, Operational Efficiency;
- Build and manage strong relationships with senior Bayer stakeholders (SVPs, VPs and Directors); Marketing the BC service spectrum / project acquisition;
- Substitute for VP or Director in overall project topics, content- wise and administrative;
- Engage in pro-active dialogue with clients about how to improve their businesses’ competitive performance;
- Facilitate key workshops and other critical management meetings;
- Act in close collaboration with the head of Business Consulting in North America and BC’s extended Leadership Team;
- Provide pro-active people leadership through team member development and professional growth (counselor-counselee responsibilities, coaching, guidance, etc.);
- Recruitment and planning the allocation of consulting staff in consultation with the North America Department Head to projects;
- Build knowledge and codify methodologies/ frameworks to deliver expertise for the Group in the respective fields of expertise: Business Transformation; Know-how, capability, and methods development for the Group;
- Lead and collaborate in internal initiatives to shape the future of the department in strategic topics like Diversity & Inclusion, Strategy, Operating Model, Capability and Skills;
- Support the NA leadership team in key decisions by providing inputs and serving as a thought partner in relevant topics;
- Full performance management of the assigned consultants incl. development path (in accordance with the BC strategy and the BC objectives).
Relocation as well as visa sponsorship is available.
WHO YOU ARE
Your success will be driven by your demonstration of our LIFE values. More specifically related to this position, Bayer seeks an incumbent who possesses the following:
- MBA, or Masters
- Previous knowledge and experience in key topics of Business Transformation, such as Corporate Strategy, Organizational Design, Digital Transformation, Change Management, Functional Strategy, Operational Efficiency;
- Expert market and industry knowledge or understanding relevant to Bayer industries: Pharma, Consumer Health, Crop Science;
- Demonstrated record of team leadership and industry thought leadership;
- Strong understanding of general business processes (accounting, finance, marketing, manufacturing, supply chain etc.);
- Leadership and influencing skills and experience; ability to deal Qualification & Competencies: with senior client management in often complex situations;
- Excellent interpersonal skills;
- Proven project management skills.
- MBA, or Masters, or PhD/Doctorate, 8 or more years of professional experience in management consulting, either in an internal or external setup;
Bayer offers a wide variety of competitive compensation and benefits programs. If you meet the requirements of this unique opportunity, and want to impact our mission Science for a better life, we encourage you to apply now. Be part of something bigger. Be you. Be Bayer.
To all recruitment agencies: Bayer does not accept unsolicited third party resumes.
Bayer is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veterans
Bayer is committed to providing access and reasonable accommodations in its application process for individuals with disabilities and encourages applicants with disabilities to request any needed accommodation(s) using the contact information below.