Full Job Description
- Creates project definitions, schedules, budgets and objectives for projects using lessons learned.
- Prepares detailed statements of work with associated work breakdown structures and gains concurrence and approval from internal and external stakeholders regarding various project aspects.
- Assesses potential project risk and outlines risk mitigation solutions.
- Ensures adherence to company and project management policies, procedures, and practices.
- Manages project costs and is responsible for ensuring profitability.
- Identifies, quantifies, and communicates residual risk (time and cost).
- Creates and reviews timely client billings with internal billing support.
- Responsible for ensuring timely client payment and follows up on outstanding client invoices to obtain payment.
- Reviews and approves subcontractor/vendor invoices to ensure timely payment to outside resources.
- Performs ongoing review of project status.
- On an ongoing basis, monitors project risks; identifies possible risks and recommends and implements risk mitigation solutions; escalates as appropriate.
- Manages project change using change management protocols; determines appropriate changes or alternate paths based upon performance and metrics.
- Works in conjunction with team members and internal and external stakeholders to manage changes to requirements and schedule of the project.
- Ensures proper review of project scope by safety managers and proper implementation of safety plans.
- Provides timely response to audit corrective actions identified by external or internal audits.
- Plans and conducts work requiring judgment in the independent evaluation, selection, and application of standard engineering or construction techniques, procedures, and criteria.
- Provides guidance to drafters/designers, engineers, craft workers, other project team members, contractors or subcontractors.
- Develops and implements project resource plan and manages the staffing of assigned projects.
- Determines and coordinates the proper staffing within the project including identification of outside resources needed (subs/vendors) and ensures procurement processes are followed.
- Clearly communicates project deadlines, assignments and objectives to project team members.
- Assigns work and provides direction to project staff with regard to timeliness and completion of project objectives.
- Coaches project staff and provides feedback to staff and to project staff’s supervisors on project performance; escalates any performance issues to appropriate management and human resources.
- Builds, maintains and manages strong client relationships.
- Ensures client satisfaction by delivering quality, on-time project outcomes as a result of good planning and organizational skills; manages client expectations.
- Identifies opportunities for change orders and repeat business though pre-eminent project execution and developed client relationships.
- Works collaboratively with sales leaders to evaluate potential new work and supports the scoping and costing effort.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree.
- 13 years of related experience.
- PMP (PMI), CCM or DBIA certification is required (within 12 months of hire or promotion onto the Approved Project Manager list).
- Domestic and/or international travel may be required. The frequency of travel is contingent on specific duties, responsibilities, and the essential functions of the position, which may vary depending on workload and project demands.
- Equivalent additional directly related experience will be considered in lieu of a degree.
Amount of Travel Required
We attract the best people in the industry, supporting their efforts to learn and grow. We strive to create a challenging and progressive work environment. We provide career opportunities that span a variety of disciplines and geographic locations, with projects that our employees plan, design, build and operate as diverse as the needs of our clients. CDM Smith is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, pregnancy and pregnancy-related conditions, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, marital status, disability, citizenship status, genetics, protected veteran status or any other characteristics protected by applicable law.
Background Check and Drug Testing Information
CDM Smith Inc. and its divisions and subsidiaries (hereafter collectively referred to as “CDM Smith”) reserves the right to require background checks including criminal, employment, education, licensure, etc. as well as credit and motor vehicle when applicable for certain positions. In addition, CDM Smith may conduct drug testing for designated positions. Background checks are conducted after an offer of employment has been made in the United States. The timing of when background checks will be conducted on candidates for positions outside the United States will vary based on country statutory law but in no case, will the background check precede an interview. CDM Smith will conduct interviews of qualified individuals prior to requesting a criminal background check, and no job application submitted prior to such interview shall inquire into an applicant’s criminal history. If this position is subject to a background check for any convictions related to its responsibilities and requirements, employment will be contingent upon successful completion of a background investigation including criminal history. Criminal history will not automatically disqualify a candidate. In addition, during employment individuals may be required by CDM Smith or a CDM Smith client to successfully complete additional background checks, including motor vehicle record as well as drug testing.
All vendors must have a signed CDM Smith Placement Agreement from the CDM Smith Recruitment Center Manager to receive payment for your placement. Verbal or written commitments from any other member of the CDM Smith staff will not be considered binding terms. All unsolicited resumes sent to CDM Smith and any resume submitted to any employee outside of CDM Smith Recruiting Center Team (RCT) will be considered property of CDM Smith. CDM Smith will not be held liable to pay a placement fee.
Pay Range Minimum
Pay Range Maximum
All bonuses at CDM Smith are discretionary and may or may not apply to this position.
Visa Sponsorship Available
No – We will not support sponsorship, i.e. H-1B or TN Visas for this position.
If you require alternative methods of application or screening, you must approach the employer directly to request this as H1BVisaJobs is not responsible for the employer’s application process.