Full Job Description
- Creates project definitions, schedules, budgets and objectives for projects using lessons learned.
- Prepares detailed statements of work with associated work breakdown structures and gains concurrence and approval from internal and external stakeholders regarding various project aspects.
- Assesses potential project risk and outlines risk mitigation solutions.
- Ensures adherence to company and project management policies, procedures, and practices.
- Manages project costs and is responsible for ensuring profitability.
- Identifies, quantifies, and communicates residual risk (time and cost).
- Creates and reviews timely client billings with internal billing support.
- Responsible for ensuring timely client payment and follows up on outstanding client invoices to obtain payment.
- Reviews and approves subcontractor/vendor invoices to ensure timely payment to outside resources.
- Performs ongoing review of project status.
- On an ongoing basis, monitors project risks; identifies possible risks and recommends and implements risk mitigation solutions; escalates as appropriate.
- Manages project change using change management protocols; determines appropriate changes or alternate paths based upon performance and metrics.
- Works in conjunction with team members and internal and external stakeholders to manage changes to requirements and schedule of the project.
- Ensures proper review of project scope by safety managers and proper implementation of safety plans.
- Provides timely response to audit corrective actions identified by external or internal audits.
- Plans and conducts work requiring judgment in the independent evaluation, selection, and application of standard engineering or construction techniques, procedures, and criteria.
- Provides guidance to drafters/designers, engineers, craft workers, other project team members, contractors or subcontractors.
- Develops and implements project resource plan and manages the staffing of assigned projects.
- Determines and coordinates the proper staffing within the project including identification of outside resources needed (subs/vendors) and ensures procurement processes are followed.
- Clearly communicates project deadlines, assignments and objectives to project team members.
- Assigns work and provides direction to project staff with regard to timeliness and completion of project objectives.
- Coaches project staff and provides feedback to staff and to project staff’s supervisors on project performance; escalates any performance issues to appropriate management and human resources.
- Builds, maintains and manages strong client relationships.
- Ensures client satisfaction by delivering quality, on-time project outcomes as a result of good planning and organizational skills; manages client expectations.
- Identifies opportunities for change orders and repeat business though pre-eminent project execution and developed client relationships.
- Works collaboratively with sales leaders to evaluate potential new work and supports the scoping and costing effort.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree.
- 13 years of related experience.
- PMP (PMI), CCM or DBIA certification is required (within 12 months of hire or promotion onto the Approved Project Manager list).
- Domestic and/or international travel may be required. The frequency of travel is contingent on specific duties, responsibilities, and the essential functions of the position, which may vary depending on workload and project demands.
- Equivalent additional directly related experience will be considered in lieu of a degree.
Amount of Travel Required
Background Check and Drug Testing Information
Pay Range Minimum
Pay Range Maximum
Visa Sponsorship Available