- Analyzes and evaluates historical competitive bid strategies, cost proposals, project schedules, cash flow analyses, cost of capital and currency analyses, etc. to recommend changes and improvements to ongoing bid strategies.
- Partners with project management and procurement teams to perform post-project win pre-construction build-up including translating the project pursuit into project enrollment and buyout packages.
- Develops subcontracting and purchase scopes and budgets the project so that cost control and schedule control are fully in place and consistent with the contractual commitments made to the client.
- Works with project managers and project accountants to develop enrollment packages to successfully complete project enrollment into the firm’s financial system.
- Works with project managers and procurement teams on administrative and technical pieces of negotiating purchase orders, subcontracts, and change order procurements.
- Develops early work plans and client deliverables, as necessary.
- Reviews design progress against project plans to ensure compliance with estimates, schedules, and budgets.
- Recommends changes and solutions to improve project plans or realign projects with plans, as needed.
- Collaborates with pursuit team to develop competitive bid strategies.
- Partners with unit leadership and project pursuit and development staff to create competitive proposals based on an understanding of design, constructability, and sequencing of construction projects.
- Oversees the development of cost proposals and schedules for current and potential client requests for proposals (RFPs).
- Partners with proposal team to review project specifications and confirm proposal compliance.
- Reviews draft proposals for adherence to firm, industry, state, local and federal regulations, and best practices.
- Provides oversight and pre-construction guidance on basic to highly complex project pursuits.
- Provides technical guidance and training to more junior staff.
- Mentors more junior staff and develops them for future growth within the discipline and firm.
- Provides technical feedback on tools, processes, and procedures to unit leadership as needed.
- Performs other duties as required.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- 8 years of experience. Equivalent additional directly related experience will be considered in lieu of a degree.
- Domestic and/or international travel may be required. The frequency of travel is contingent on specific duties, responsibilities, and the essential functions of the position, which may vary depending on workload and project demands.
- Experience in progressive design build delivery
- Experience working water/ wastewater
Amount of Travel Required
Skills and Abilities
Background Check and Drug Testing Information
Visa Sponsorship Available