Senior Country IT Associate
Apply for this job
At Bayer we’re visionaries, driven to solve the world’s toughest challenges and striving for a world where ,Health for all, Hunger for none’ is no longer a dream, but a real possibility. We’re doing it with energy, curiosity and sheer dedication, always learning from unique perspectives of those around us, expanding our thinking, growing our capabilities and redefining ‘impossible’. There are so many reasons to join us. If you’re hungry to build a varied and meaningful career in a community of brilliant and diverse minds to make a real difference, there’s only one choice.
Senior Country IT Associate
IT is a key enabler of Bayer’s future success. In the IT I&O (Infrastructure and Operations) organization, we support “Health for all, Hunger for None” by delivering and sustaining digital products and services via user-centric, scalable, and reliable technologies.
We advance a culture of Inclusion and Diversity to drive our mission. We embrace and encourage our employees’ unique identities and believe that our human capital is one of our most valuable assets. The collective sum of individual differences, life experiences, knowledge, self-expression, and talent that our employees invest in their work represent a significant part of our culture. To sustain and grow our business across all world areas, we require diverse perspectives, and the flexibility to work with a variety of people wherever where we are
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation. We ensure the stability of the IT landscape, securing Bayer’s business operations, while at the same time driving digital transformation by bringing in new technologies. This exciting journey is driven by a passionate team which is distributed across 70 countries working in the
areas of Infrastructure, Workplace and Partner Management.
Do you want to be part of our mission? So, join us on this exciting and important mission!
YOUR TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The primary responsibilities of this role, Senior Country IT Associate, are to:
- Act as the point of engagement, guiding and supporting divisional organizations and
- Be a strategic partners in the efficient and effective implementation of global IT services, steering the integration towards the sites and divisional / functional areas of responsibility;
- Create business value by increasing users’ productivity and experience with the IT services delivered to our businesses and functions, establishing a strong relationship and proximity with them
- to enable their business;
- Represent IT Infrastructure and Operations (IO) in areas of responsibility (as part of global Country IT organization) and align with present DT&IT units to ensure effective and efficient IT Service
- Ensure overall IT service delivery performance, adhering to global frameworks and local legal / compliance requirements, identifying and managing the improvements, complaints and escalations
- needed across provider ecosystem;
- Oversight to the Intake process and challenge cross-platform, non-standard IT requests and ensure appropriate handling and delivery;
- Steer the Collection, address and oversee delivery of approved local IT investments of global responsible units;
- You will steer conversations with division/site perspectives to cross-platform IT service implementation projects for success.
Relocation assistance as well as visa sponsorship is available.
WHO YOU ARE
You will work in a distributed Country IT organization based in Myerstown, as primary location, with outstanding people and collaborate with partners across Consumer Health business and Manufacturing, R&D and Commercial operations functions in US.
You will actively engage and educate project team members on IT
services related matters, such as delivery, request, implementation,
Your success will be driven by your demonstration of our LIFE values. More specifically related to this position, Bayer seeks an incumbent who possesses the following:
- Bachelor’s degree or 10 years of experience;
- Open-minded and enjoy working in a global and diverse team;
- Strong ability to lead through influence by establishing trustful relationships with IT and business partners;
- Profound knowledge of information technology and/or infrastructure;
- Proven experience in project management;
- Decision maker who constantly seeks improvement and creates an environment that encourages new ideas;
- Proven motivational, interpersonal skills, and strong communication skills;
- Good analytical, structural, and consulting skills;
- Fluent in English, both written and spoken.
- You have a relevant bachelor’s degree or equivalent years of
experience, with at least 8 years of experience.
Bayer offers a wide variety of competitive compensation and benefits programs. If you meet the requirements of this unique opportunity, and want to impact our mission Science for a better life, we encourage you to apply now. Be part of something bigger. Be you. Be Bayer.
To all recruitment agencies: Bayer does not accept unsolicited third party resumes.
Bayer is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veterans
Bayer is committed to providing access and reasonable accommodations in its application process for individuals with disabilities and encourages applicants with disabilities to request any needed accommodation(s) using the contact information below.