NO VISA SPONSORSHIP IS AVAILABLE FOR THIS POSITION
UC Vaccination Policy: With limited exceptions, COVID-19 vaccinations are required for Covered Individuals under the Policy. Covered Individuals include all employees, students, or trainees who physically access a University facility or program in connection with their employment, appointment, or education/training.
Covered Individuals do NOT include employees who work 100% remotely with NO expectation that they will physically access any University location or program at ANY time. If 100% remote work ends, the employee is subject to policy.
INITIAL REVIEW DATE (IRD)
UC Santa Cruz staff jobs are posted until filled. Application materials submitted by 11:59 pm on the IRD will be routed to the hiring unit for consideration. NOTE: Materials submitted after the IRD will be forwarded only at the request of the hiring unit. Submit your materials before the IRD to ensure consideration by the hiring unit.
The IRD for this job is: 02-07-2023
ABOUT UC SANTA CRUZ
UC Santa Cruz is a public university like no other in California, combining the experience of a small, liberal arts college with the depth and rigor of a major research university. It’s known as an unconventional place where innovation and experimentation is part of the campus’s DNA. That playful, bold spirit still thrives today, all on a campus renowned as among the most beautiful in the world.
The mission of Financial Affairs is to provide high quality academic, research, and student support services to a campus that enrolls over 18,000 students, conducts over $100 million in sponsored research, and has expenditures of approximately $500 million annually. Financial Affairs is composed of the following major subunits: Campus Controller’s Office, Accounting Services, Accounts Payable, Extramural Funds, Payroll, Procurement Services, Student Business Services, and Enterprise Financial Systems
Under the general direction of the Enterprise Financial Systems director, the ERS Senior Analyst plays a key role in designing, planning and supporting the University of California Effort Reporting System (UC ERS). The ERS is a complex, mission-critical campus enterprise information technology system hosted by UC Office of the President that is used to document and report federally required effort certification for federal grant funds. The ERS Senior Analyst is responsible for providing subject matter expertise in the area of effort reporting, providing functional requirements and verification for the UCSC instance of ERS, providing analysis and implementation of modifications and enhancements to the system, providing analysis and troubleshooting support necessary to maintain the ERS, and maintaining primary communication for affected campus units. Success in the position requires strong analytical, research accounting, and communication skills.
Salary Information: Salary Range: $82,300/annually. Salary commensurate with skills, qualifications and experience.
No. of Positions: 1
Benefits Level Eligibility: Full benefits
- Full-time, Fixed
- Percentage of Time: 100%, 40 Hours per Week
- Days of the Week: Mon-Fri
- Shift Includes: Day
Employee Classification: This is a Career appointment
Job End Date: None
Work Location: UC Santa Cruz Main Campus
Union Representation: Non-Represented
Job Code Classification: BUS SYS ANL 3 (007584)
Travel: Never or Rarely
40% – Effort Reporting System Maintenance and Production Support
- Achieve expert level understanding of the UC ERS and federal effort reporting requirements, serving as primary Subject Matter Expert for effort reporting for UCSC.
- Perform detailed analysis of ERS data in support of central and divisional reporting, and for data edit and troubleshooting functions.
- Provide detailed functional requirement specifications for system configuration, defect correction, or enhancement of the UCSC instance of ERS, and effectively communicate these specifications to the ERS Project Team.
- Understand ERS system access issues and how they relate to the roles and responsibilities of system users, and the organizational structure of departments, units, and campus administration.
- Provide specifications and perform data extraction and analysis in support of data and information requests. Use and maintain existing queries and reports as well as develop new queries and reports in response to identified needs.
- Identify and troubleshoot system issues or problems. Investigate, test, and report on the impact on ERS functionality, system availability, and data integrity.
- Understand data interface processes between UCPath, Financial Information System (FIS), ERS, and other campus business systems where appropriate.
- Provide support, analysis, and expertise to plan, test, and implement new or improved business processes.
30% – Effort Reporting Communication, User Support and Documentation
- Maintain documentation of ERS related processes and procedures.
- Assist with user manuals, internal procedures, and system documentation; write sections, coordinate revisions, perform advanced formatting, editing, printing, maintenance, and distribution.
- Provide ERS training as required for divisional Research Accountants and Principal Investigators, as well as Extramural Funds (EMF) Staff.
- Provide system support for system users and maintain system user documentation.
- Represent the interests of UCSC ERS on various campus committees and workgroups.
- Serve as point of contact with Information Technology Services (ITS), University of California Office of the President (UCOP), Accounting Office, and UCPath staff members.
- Implement, interpret, and enforce campus and UC policies pertinent to the operation of UCSC ERS.
- Research, communicate, and document ERS issues or special projects as assigned
20% – UCPath Extramural Funding Process Support
- Achieve expert level understanding of UCPath Funding and associated financial processing for extramural funds.
- Develop and maintain user documentation for UCPath Extramural Funding setup and maintenance.
- Participate in analysis and testing of UCPath upgrades/patches as relates to Extramural Funding.
10% – Other Duties as Assigned
Assist with other EFS projects as needed.
- BS or BA degree, or equivalent work experience
- Managing assigned components of medium to large-scale system-related projects.
- SQL query development working from specifications provided by functional end-users.
- Working with business process owners and end-users to design and implement application system functionality and configuration.
- Effectively collaborating with IT staff responsible for the implementation and maintenance of the technology infrastructure supporting business applications.
- Understanding of technical terminology associated with large-scale information technology enterprise business applications.
- Using standard personal computing tools including spreadsheets, databases, and word processing software.
- Analysis of complex information, problems, and processes in an objective manner and formulating conclusions to provide a sound basis for establishing priorities, select appropriate courses of action, and make recommendations.
- Excellent organizational skills sufficient to perform multiple projects and assignments.
- Working independently and innovatively with minimal direction, and efficiently managing competing priorities.
- Strong oral communication skills with ability to work effectively in group processes.
- Excellent writing skills to draft clean and concise reports, policies and procedures, and correspondence.
- Anticipate problems that may affect project progress, dealing with them accordingly.
- Independent learning, coming up to speed quickly on system concepts.
SPECIAL CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT
- Selected candidate will be required to pass a pre-employment criminal history background check.
- Ability to work long periods of time at a computer with or without accommodation.
- Must be able to work remotely from a home office and be able to fulfill requirements of the UCSC telecommuting agreement.
- The University of California has implemented a COVID-19 Vaccination Policy covering all employees. To be compliant with the policy, covered employees must submit proof of vaccination or have an approved exception or deferral, eight (8) weeks from date of hire.
All UCSC employees must understand and follow job safety procedures, attend required health and safety training, proactively promote safety at work, and promptly report actual and potential accidents and injuries.
HOW TO APPLY
Attach your resume and cover letter when applying for this job opening. Do not attach any documents to ‘My Activities’. Visit our How to Apply tutorial for detailed instructions on our applicant process.
The University of California is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, or protected veteran status. UC Santa Cruz is committed to excellence through diversity and strives to establish a climate that welcomes, celebrates, and promotes respect for the contributions of all students and employees.
APPLICANTS ARE REQUIRED TO USE THE UCSC ON-LINE PROCESS
View full job description and access on-line application:
To ensure review of application materials by the hiring unit, they must be submitted on or before the initial review date (IRD) via the Staff Employment Opportunities web site; https://jobs.ucsc.edu. A computer is available at the UC Santa Cruz Staff Human Resources Office located at Scotts Valley Center. The Scotts Valley Center is located at 100 Enterprise Way, Suite E100, Scotts Valley, CA 95066. To learn more or to request disability accommodations, call 831-459-2009. Hearing impaired are encouraged to use the California Relay Service at 800-735-2922. UC Santa Cruz is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
The University of California is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, or protected veteran status. UC Santa Cruz is committed to excellence through diversity and strives to establish a climate that welcomes, celebrates, and promotes respect for the contributions of all students and employees.
If you require alternative methods of application or screening, you must approach the employer directly to request this as H1BVisaJobs is not responsible for the employer’s application process.