Full Job Description
What We’re Looking For
At HNTB, you can create a career that is meaningful to you while building communities that matter to all of us. For more than a century, we have been delivering solutions for some of the largest, most complex infrastructure projects across the country. With our historic growth, it is an exciting time to join our team of employee-owners.
HNTB-Massachusetts has a 68-year history of providing engineering and planning services to public transportation agencies in the Commonwealth. With 200+ talented people; the Massachusetts office consistently delivers complex, award-winning infrastructure projects that have shaped the skyline and transportation network of many communities. The Massachusetts office has locations in both Boston and Chelmsford which are comprised of professionals who value both client development and professional development. The office has several programs to support continued professional advancement including Mentorship and Diversity & Inclusion committees. In addition, the EDGE (Engagement, Development, Growth, and Enrichment) group offers special events, such as happy hours, family outings and community fundraisers. The Massachusetts office consistently delivers complex transportation projects for the Commonwealth. Examples include the Leonard P. Zakim Bunker Hill Memorial Bridge, Cape Cod Canal Sagamore and Bourne Bridges, the Green Line Extension and the South Coast Rail Program.
Our growing roadway team has designed a variety of local projects, from intersection safety improvements to complete street corridor improvements to system interchange reconstruction. HNTB provided complex roadway design for the Whittier Bridge/I-95 Improvement in Amesbury. We are focused on reuniting neighborhoods, improving accessibility and creating renewed urban streetscapes, as we did for the multimodal Casey Arborway Improvement Project in Jamaica Plain.
What You’ll Do:
- Responsible for development of the project scope and fee quotation and assists in the preparation of technical proposals and contracts in accordance with HNTB’s Sophisticated Contracting Approach (SCA).
- Serves as the primary client liaison and manages the project team to deliver the scope, schedule, and budgets to completion and to the client’s satisfaction. Assists with client project scoping and contract negotiations.
- Performs technical discipline tasks including analysis, reports, design, specification, and production for assigned projects.
- Implements the firm’s project delivery plan using HNTB’s Sophisticated Delivery Approach (SDA) on each project. Leads the development and the execution of the project management plan. Supervises and mentors team to overall project objectives.
- Performs coordination with managers on project staffing, including, but not limited to; recruitment, development, retention, and succession of project staff; development of plan for project staff reporting; and support for performance and compensation reviews.
- Partners with Client Service Leaders and pursuit champions to assist with business development, building client relationships, and pursuit efforts for strategic and mini-mega projects in accordance with HNTB’s Sophisticated Sales Approach (SSA). Works with the project team and marketing resources to prepare appropriate proposal and presentation materials. Leads proposal development and interview presentations for strategic and mini-mega projects to the client as well as general presentations within the industry and community.
- May be responsible for the recruitment, hiring, development, and retention of staff, including development of plan for staff reporting, performance and compensation reviews, and succession.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
What You’ll Need:
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering and 8 years of relevant experience
- 2 years task management or Deputy PM experience
What You’ll Bring:
- Delivery of transportation projects from concept through construction.
- Responsible for preparation and completion of discipline engineering designs that are responsive to project needs.
- Coordinates preparation of design details, plans, and drawings within assigned task areas.
- Work closely with other disciplines on multi-discipline projects.
- Builds effective client relationships by working collaboratively with the client & multidiscipline teams.
- Develops project design criteria, design calculations, construction details, quantities and cost estimates.
- Supervise, develop and coordinate team members.
- Prepares and checks design drawings and/or specifications.
- Reviews and checks engineering work completed by others.
- Coordinate project budgets, schedules and scopes of work with the client and between disciplines.
What We Prefer:
- 8+ years relevant experience
- Design of multimodal transportation projects using AutoCAD Civil 3D
- Strong communication and coordination skills
- Previous work in Massachusetts or Rhode Island
- PE in Massachusetts or Rhode Island (or ability to obtain in 6 months)
Click here for benefits information: HNTB Total Rewards
Click here to learn more about EOE including disability and vet
Visa sponsorship is available for this position.
NOTICE TO THIRD-PARTY AGENCIES:
HNTB does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or agencies. Any staffing/employment agency, person or entity that submits an unsolicited resume to this site does so with the understanding that the applicant’s resume will become the property of HNTB. HNTB will have the right to hire that applicant at its discretion and without any fee owed to the submitting staffing/employment agency, person or entity. Staffing/employment agencies who have fee agreements with HNTB must submit applicants to the designated HNTB recruiter to be eligible for placement fees.
If you require alternative methods of application or screening, you must approach the employer directly to request this as H1BVisaJobs is not responsible for the employer’s application process.