We’re looking for quant-minded strategists who value the power of interdisciplinary knowledge and cooperative thinking. Quantitative Strategists are seated at the heart of our trading floor, constantly communicating with others and connecting ideas from trading, quantitative research, and technology. Through our education program and exposure on our trading floor, you will be equipped to dive deep into data sets and explore the dynamic intricacies within the game of trading.
The general life cycle of a quant project begins with an idea:
- This idea can come from anyone: you, the mentor who sits beside you, or someone you meet in the cafeteria.
- As a Quantitative Strategist, you will investigate that idea by immersing yourself in market data, leveraging tools in mathematics, statistics, and programming.
- Through your research, you may discover a new pattern that can transform into a trading signal.
- To assess the strength of that trading signal, you will run it through our backtesting environment and carefully analyze its performance.
- If that signal produces profitable results, you will work side-by-side with technologists and put it into production.
- Once that signal is embedded in our electronic trading strategies, you will actively monitor its real-time performance in the financial markets.
- As your trading strategy evolves, you will discuss with other researchers, strategists, and traders to collect feedback and brainstorm new ideas.
- Some of those ideas will turn into new quant projects, and the life cycle starts all over again.
What we’re looking for
- PhD or Master’s degree in a quantitative field such as Mathematics, Physics, Statistics, Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, Operations Research, or Economics
- Solid, analytical problem-solving skills
- Excellent logical reasoning
- Exceptional communication skills, both in the ability to understand others and to make yourself clearly understood
- Experience in writing code to process and analyze large sets of data
- Demonstrated interest in strategic games and/or competitive activities
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment
By applying to this role, you will be automatically considered for the Quantitative Researcher position. There is no need to apply to both positions in order to be considered for both.
Visa sponsorship is available for this position.
SIG does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or search firms. Any resume or referral submitted in the absence of a signed agreement will become the property of SIG and no fee will be paid.
If you require alternative methods of application or screening, you must approach the employer directly to request this as H1BVisaJobs is not responsible for the employer’s application process.