Full Job Description
Schnabel is an employee-owned, professional engineering and consulting firm that focuses on solving problems related to the earth and environment through specialization in geotechnical, geostructural, tunnel, and dam engineering. Schnabel’s high standards for quality, business ethics, and concern for the communities in which we live are a vital part of who we are. Schnabel is an ENR Top 500 Design Firm with 450+ employees in 24 offices throughout the United States.
Recognized by CE News as one of the Best Engineering Firms to Work for, Schnabel provides employees with a competitive benefits package including maternity leave, tuition reimbursement for continuing education, health, dental, life and disability insurance and a wellness program. As an employee-owned company, through the Employee Stock Ownership Plan, Schnabel employees directly benefit from the success of our growing firm.
- Provide hydrologic, hydraulic, and water resource engineering expertise to the northeast area offices and firm-wide Dam Engineering Group.
- Perform detailed and complex hydrologic, hydraulic, and water resource engineering analysis using state of the industry and cutting edge tools
- Develop and review design drawings, calculations, and technical reports for compliance with the current state of the practice.
- Manage dam evaluation and design projects.
- Develop engineering proposals.
- Perform inspections of dams and hydraulic structures
- Advance Schnabel’s dam engineering practice through sound designs, conference presentations, publishing of technical papers, participation in pertinent technical committees, and research and development of innovative or advanced analysis and software.
- Proactively market dam engineering and other services offered by Schnabel.
- Guide junior staff in the development of engineering recommendations and writing of technical reports.
- Perform project management activities including communicating resource needs, planning and delegating work, management of project budgets, invoicing and backlog reporting.
- Manage client relationships and business development opportunities.
- Manage, teach, and mentor junior staff, commensurate with experience level.
- A Bachelor’s Degree or higher in Civil Engineering (or related) from an ABET-accredited program is required.
- A Master’s Degree in Civil Engineering from an ABET-accredited program with an emphasis in Hydraulics, Hydrology, or Water Resources preferred.
- A current Professional Engineering license.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Experience with and active use of engineering software commonly used to evaluate watersheds, dams and hydraulic structures: HEC-HMS, HEC-RAS, SITES, WinDAM. Experience with 3D CFD or numerical modeling is preferred.
- Experience developing detailed design drawings and specifications.
- A strong work ethic and the desire to perform professionally at a high level.
- Effective time management, written communication skills, analytical skills, interpersonal skills, and the ability to work independently or as part of a team, efficiently balance multiple concurrent tasks, responsibilities, and commitments.
- Candidates must have a valid driver’s license and must undergo a background check that may include criminal history, motor vehicle record and credit checks, plus a drug screen.
- Work experience consistent with this description of at least ten (10) years in civil engineering
- Examples of work product demonstrating proficiency in above referenced skills
- Ability to pass a pre-employment screening.
- U.S. Citizenship or Permanent Resident status is required. No visa sponsorship will be provided.
EOE including Veterans and Disability
- Bachelors or better
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
If you require alternative methods of application or screening, you must approach the employer directly to request this as H1BVisaJobs is not responsible for the employer’s application process.