There are over 7 billion people on this planet. And by 2050, there will be 2 billion more… many moving into urban centers at an unprecedented rate. Making sure there is enough food, fiber and infrastructure for our rapidly growing world is what we’re all about at John Deere. And it’s why we’re investing in our people and our technology like never before! Here the world’s brightest minds are tackling the world’s biggest challenges. If you believe one person can make the world a better place, we’ll put you to work. RIGHT NOW.
John Deere is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regards to, among other things, race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
Primary Location: United States (US) – Iowa – Waterloo
Function: Engineering (CA)
Title: Product Delivery Process (PDP) Emissions Coordinator – 98484
Onsite/Remote: Onsite Position
This position is eligible for a flexible or partial telework work schedule arrangement at the present time. The arrangement may be delayed for training or other job acclimation purposes and remains subject to change.
As a Product Delivery Process (PDP) Emissions Coordinator for John Deere Power Systems located in Waterloo, IA, you will:
- Serve as the senior knowledge leader at the intersection of engine emissions performance and regulatory requirement, including supporting emissions calibration teams on new regulatory emissions control concepts, emissions calculation definition, opportunity for AB&T emissions optimization…)
- Coordinate emissions certification activities associated with Enterprise and Application Product Delivery Process (EPDP/APDP), for each step of the respective gate reviews and lead emissions submittal process.
- Support annual conformity of production (COP) and any selective enforcement audits (SEA) as required by supporting testing requirements, reviewing results and evaluation of long term emissions trends.
- Coordinate activities across the organization to obtain data from the field as required by the EPA and ARB guidance for DF verification, this includes reviews with the agencies on the upcoming activities, and the long-term project vision.
VISA Sponsorship is available for this position
What Skills You Need
- 4 or more years of work experience with regulations or industry standards relating to engines, vehicles, or manufacturing.
- 6 or more years of work experience with an engine, automotive, or off-road machinery engineering function
- 3 or more years of experience providing clear written and verbal communications to external audiences
- 2 or more years of experience planning/coordinating project activities
- Ability and willingness to travel up to 25% of your time, both domestically and internationally
What Makes You Stand Out
- Experience with heavy-duty vehicle or off-road engine emission regulations
- Direct knowledge of engine emissions certification and compliance processes
- Working knowledge and familiarity of emission regulations and the associated diesel engine technology required to achieve the various Tiers of emission compliance.
- Understanding the fundamentals of in-cylinder pollutant formation and their reduction by external aftertreatment devices Working knowledge and familiarity of emission regulations and the associated diesel engine technology required to achieve the various Tiers of emission compliance.
- Experience in diesel engine performance development or calibration, diesel engine aftertreatment systems or emission compliance activities
- Advanced degree in Engineering, Environmental Science, or related field
Ideally you will have a degree or equivalent related work experience in the following:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Agricultural, Mechanical, Electrical, Chemical Engineering or equivalent experience in a related career field
What You’ll Get
At John Deere, you are empowered to create a career that will take you to where you want to go while working in an inclusive team environment. Here, you’ll enjoy the freedom to explore new projects, the support to think outside the box and the advanced tools and technology that foster innovation and achievement. Additionally, we offer a comprehensive reward package to help you get started on your new career path, including:
- Flexible work arrangements
- Highly competitive base pay and performance bonuses
- Savings & Retirement benefits (401K and Defined Benefit Pension)
- Healthcare benefits with a generous company contribution in the Health Savings Account
- Adoption assistance
- Employee Assistance Programs
- Tuition assistance
- Fitness subsidies and on-site gyms at specific Deere locations
- Charitable contribution match
- Employee Purchase Plan & numerous discount programs for personal use
Follow this link to learn more about our Total Rewards Package https://bit.ly/3XCd8fL
The information contained herein is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and qualifications required of individuals performing the job. The qualifications detailed in this job description are not considered the minimum requirements necessary to perform the job, but rather as guidelines.
The terms of the applicable benefit plans, and all company actions administering or interpreting these plans, continue to control. Deere & Company reserves the right to suspend, amend, modify, or terminate the Plan(s) in any manner at any time, including the right to modify or eliminate any cost-sharing between the company and participants. Changes, which can be made at any time, are made by action of the company’s board of directors, or to the extent authorized by resolution of its board of directors, or by the Deere & Company Compensation Committee. In the event of a conflict between the language of the official Plan Documents and this document, the language of the official Plan Documents will control.
ACA Section 1557 Nondiscrimination Notice
The John Deere Health Benefit Plans for Salaried Employees and The John Deere Benefit Plan for Wage Employees comply with applicable Federal civil rights laws and do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, disability, or sex.
If you require alternative methods of application or screening, you must approach the employer directly to request this as H1BVisaJobs is not responsible for the employer’s application process.