Police Officer – Detective
Eastern Kentucky University
Title: Police Officer – Detective
Position Type: Fulltime Staff
Search Type: Internal – minimum 5 days
Department: 02R000 – Facilities Management & Safety
Division: 4R0000 – Finance & Administration
Position Location: Richmond Campus
Driver Classification: Driver
Hours Per Week: 40
Additional Schedule Details:
Posted Salary Grade: Non-Exempt – G21
Contact Person: Chief Collins
Job Summary/Basic Functions
An EKU Detective is the principal agent responsible for carrying out investigations of crimes, detection and prevention of violations of the law and the collection, identification and preserving of evidence. This position must possess excellent investigative and communication skills that enable them to locate, identify and interview victims, witnesses and suspects. This position will also assist in the coordination of university crime prevention programs to preserve peace and good order of the community and support smooth operations of the university.
Education: High School diploma or GED
Experience: One year of experience
Requirements for Police Officer 1
- At least 21 years of age.
- Valid Driver’s license.
- Citizen of the United States of America.
- Qualifies for acceptance for Kentucky Law Enforcement Council basic police training program and/or certification as a police officer under Kentucky Statues.
- Persons that qualify for police officer certification under Kentucky Statue and are graduates of the Police Basic Training program may be given preference.
Licensure & Certifications:
- 30% – Complete the processing and investigation of all university crimes – ()
- 10% – Assist in the coordination of Crime Prevention Program – ()
- 25% – Assist with the maintenance of evidence rooms – ()
- 10% – Gather and conduct review of intelligence on crime activity that has a direct or indirect effect on the university community – ()
- 5% – Provides services for the prevention of illegal, unsafe or undesirable activity from occurring on University property or during University activities; – ()
- 5% – Provides Enforcement of all University, City, State and Federal law as it applies to keeping order at the University – ()
- 5% – Manages the traffic issues on and around university properties – ()
- 5% – Rendering of service to University as established by departmental policy and procedures – ()
- 5% – Other Duties within Divisional Responsibility – ()
Sponsorship: Visa sponsorship will be considered on a case-by-case basis, depending upon the needs of the unit, available sponsorship budget, and the qualifications of the candidate.
Funding Source: Institutional
Open Until Filled: No
Eastern Kentucky University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and educational institution and does not discriminate on the basis of age (40 and over), race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, ethnicity, disability, national origin, veteran status, or genetic information in the admission to, or participation in, any educational program or activity (e.g., athletics, academics and housing) which it conducts or any employment policy or practice.
Background Check Statement
Offers of employment are contingent upon satisfactory background check.
If you require alternative methods of application or screening, you must approach the employer directly to request this as H1BVisaJobs is not responsible for the employer’s application process.