What We’re Looking For
At HNTB, you can create a career that is meaningful to you while building communities that matter to all of us. For more than a century, we have been delivering solutions for some of the largest, most complex infrastructure projects across the country. With our historic growth, it is an exciting time to join our team of employee-owners.
We have an immediate need for a Project Controls Director in our Nashville, Tennessee office. As part of our TDOT Program Management Team, you will ensure successful delivery of TDOT projects by leading a team responsible for the Alternative Delivery Program schedules, cost estimates and document controls for $100M+ transportation projects. As a visionary leader, you will help shape the PMC Team in Nashville as our office continues to grow.
What You’ll Do:
- Establishes and manages the project controls staff assigned to the project, including budget/cost estimating, scheduling, document control and information systems, risk management and claims analysis functions.
- Supervises the cost estimating efforts, including development of construction estimates, independent cost estimates, and support scenario analysis
- Develops and maintains a cost estimating capability to develop construction estimates, prepare independent cost estimates, and support scenario analysis. Oversees and monitors performance, progress and department budgets. Assesses the impact(s) of design/construction changes and schedule slippages and assists project staff in developing work-around and schedule recovery plans.
- Develops and produces weekly, monthly and special reports in a timely manner for the client and PM staff to monitor progress and status of the project, including input from contractor. Creates, edits, and publishes guidelines, manuals, and documents for use by Project staff including the Project Management Plan, Project Controls Manual, and Monthly Project Progress Reports. Develops and maintains relevant project controls procedures and work instructions.
- Supervises the scheduling efforts for the project to include the preparation and analysis of schedule baseline, progress schedules, specialty schedules, schedule analysis and project progress reporting. Assists in or directs the preparation of specialty schedules, project labor forecasts, and cash flows.
- Supervises the cost engineering efforts of the project to include guidance and oversight of the cost management system, preparation of cost report templates, and issue of monthly Cost and Change Management report deliverables. Validates and reports on cost and schedule performance against the baseline estimate and schedule.
- Identifies trends and deviations and recommends corrective courses of action. Recommends solutions or recovery plans for schedule/cost impacts or delays. Communicates to project management the root causes of variances based on relevant analyses.
- Oversees and guides the implementation, training, and support of a Project Management Control System (PMCS) on relevant projects, including working with PM to integrate project work processes into the PMCS tool.
- Oversees development and maintenance of an automated system that allows for the efficient capturing, storing, retrieval, and reporting of technical and business information including cost and schedule status.
- Supervises the Document Control efforts of the project including the administration, filing, and archiving of engineering, procurement, and construction documents, reports, deliverables, invoices, and other business policies and procedures. Oversees the development and administration of the document control system for the project. Manages the initial configuration and data maintenance of the Project’s chosen document control, cost and scheduling systems.
- May be responsible for the recruitment, hiring, development and retention of staff, including development of plan for staff reporting, performance and compensation reviews, and succession for a large size project controls group within an office.
What You’ll Need:
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant field and 12 years of relevant experience, or
- In lieu of education, 16 years of relevant experience
What We Prefer:
- Project Controls leadership experience
- Experience working on mega (e.g., $500M+ in construction costs) and/or highly complex capital projects or program of projects
- Experience effectively leading medium sized teams and working effectively with other leaders, staff and large clients
- Project Controls experience in each phase of project lifecycle (e.g., predesign, design, procurement, construction, and post-construction phases)
- Project Controls experience working as client’s PM/CM agent (e.g., providing program management/construction management services), or as part of design-build contractor (or equivalent design and construction experience)
Click here for benefits information: HNTB Total Rewards
Click here to learn more about EOE including disability and vet
Visa sponsorship is available for this position.
NOTICE TO THIRD-PARTY AGENCIES:
HNTB does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or agencies. Any staffing/employment agency, person or entity that submits an unsolicited resume to this site does so with the understanding that the applicant’s resume will become the property of HNTB. HNTB will have the right to hire that applicant at its discretion and without any fee owed to the submitting staffing/employment agency, person or entity. Staffing/employment agencies who have fee agreements with HNTB must submit applicants to the designated HNTB recruiter to be eligible for placement fees.
Job Type: Regular
Full/Part Time: Full time
Job Category: Project Controls Group
If you require alternative methods of application or screening, you must approach the employer directly to request this as H1BVisaJobs is not responsible for the employer’s application process.