Full Job Description
Do you have a passion for pipeline engineering? Are you looking to elevate your career and take on increasingly challenging work? This Pipeline Design Discipline Leader position for the Texas market could be your ticket to achieving your goals. Check it out!
CDM Smith provides lasting and integrated solutions in water, environment, transportation, energy and facilities to public and private clients worldwide. As a full-service consulting, engineering, construction, and operations firm, we deliver exceptional client service, quality results and enduring value across the entire project life cycle.
This position is for a Pipeline Design Discipline Leader for the Texas market. As a discipline leader, your focus will be on the proper application of technology, growth of our technical capabilities within the discipline, staff development, and pre-positioning and distinguishing CDM Smith to assist in sales growth. You will be collaborating with dedicated local, regional, and national teams of talented staff to deliver in this role.
This role requires strong communication and teamwork involving staff from various engineering disciplines. In addition, you will have the opportunity to represent CDM Smith at conferences and industry events and provide technical support on business development opportunities.
This position is perfect for you if you are looking to elevate your career and take on increasingly challenging work. CDM Smith is committed to providing the encouragement and necessary support so you can be a strong leader within your industry.
This position has extensive client interface, project execution, implementation of quality control measures, and mentoring and managing of engineering staff for pipeline design projects. The ideal candidate will have excellent verbal and written communication skills, strong knowledge of various material pipeline design, installation and inspection standards and guidelines and the ability to provide technical leadership through the full cycle of planning, design, construction and commissioning of pipeline projects.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Act as a subject matter expert on water transmission and distribution pipeline design
- Act as a subject matter expert on collection sewers and interceptor design
- Communicate and work directly with client’s staff at all levels
- Serve as Project Technical Leader with responsibility for all technical aspects of complex projects and makes project engineering execution decisions within the bounds set by applicable policies, standards, guides and contract commitments
- Oversee and produce technical reports and other deliverables for the client
- Provide technical support for business development activities
- Practice and promote culture of quality and technical excellence
- Mentor and train younger staff
- Promote culture of teamwork and identify potential recruits
- Initiate and pursue development and implementation of innovative and cutting-edge technologies
- Support continuous improvement, change management and risk management efforts
- Actively participate in professional organizations’ activities.
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil, Environmental, or Mechanical Engineering or related discipline.
- Professional engineering (PE) license.
- 15 years of related experience.
- Domestic and/or international travel may be required. The frequency of travel is contingent on specific duties, responsibilities, and the essential functions of the position, which may vary depending on workload and project demands.
- Equivalent additional directly related experience will be considered in lieu of a degree.
- Master’s degree in civil, mechanical, environmental, or pipeline engineering
- PMP Certification
- Active participation & leadership positions with local and national professional organizations and associations.
Amount of Travel Required
Skills and Abilities
- Knowledge of computer assisted design and drafting (CADD) 3D and 4D software and practices.
- Knowledge of engineer principles of design.
- Knowledge of Microsoft business software (excel, word, etc.).
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
- Knowledge of federal, state and local regulations.
U.S. Vaccine Status
Background Check and Drug Testing Information
Visa Sponsorship Available