Due to extensive growth and community need, Reading Hospital is seeking a General Neurosurgeon to join the very collaborative and collegial Neurosurgery team. The new Neurosurgeon will be joining a very experienced and highly respected neurosurgical practice which has served Berks County and southeastern Pennsylvania for over six decades.
Reading Hospital is a 697-bed nonprofit teaching hospital that provides high quality healthcare, cutting-edge technology, and experienced, caring medical professionals. As the nationally recognized, Magnet® designated flagship institution of Tower Health, Reading Hospital is home to many top-tier specialty care centers and services, including the McGlinn Cancer Institute, Miller Regional Heart Center, one of the state’s busiest Emergency Departments and a Level I Trauma Center, and Beginnings Maternity Center, which houses the region’s only Level III Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU). Reading Hospital is home to many top-tier specialty care centers and services, was named one of America’s 50 Best Hospitals by Healthgrades™ and has been ranked as one of the Top Ten Hospitals in Pennsylvania by U.S. News and World Report the second year in a row.
Reading Hospital Awards and Recognition:
- America’s 50 Best Hospitals Award™ (2022-2023)
- America’s 100 Best Hospitals Award™ (2017-2023)
- America’s 250 Best Hospitals Award™ (2017-2023)
- America’s 100 Best Specialty Care: Stroke Care (2021-2023)
- Stroke care excellence award™ (2022-2023)
- Neur osciences Excellence Award™ (2013-2023)
- Top 10% in the Nation for Neurosciences (2015-2021)
- Top 10% in the Nation for Treatment of Stroke (2007-2021)
- Top 5% in the Nation for Treatment of Stroke (2023)
- Five-Star Recipient for Treatment of Stroke (2006-2021)
- Top 1% of U.S. hospitals for clinical outcomes
- Recognized on Newsweek’s World’s Best Hospitals (92 nd ) 2021 List
Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS):
- 5-Star Rating for Overall Hospital Quality
US News & World Report:
- Ranked Among Top Ten Hospitals in Pennsylvania
- World’s Best Hospitals (2021,2023)
Tower Health is a regional integrated healthcare system that offers compassionate, high-quality, leading-edge healthcare and wellness services to communities in Berks, Chester, Montgomery, and Philadelphia Counties. With approximately 11,500 employees, Tower Health consists of Reading Hospital in West Reading; Phoenixville Hospital in Phoenixville; Pottstown Hospital in Pottstown; and St. Christopher’s Hospital for Children in Philadelphia. Tower Health has partnered with Drexel University College of Medicine to open a new medical school one-half mile walking distance from Reading Hospital, a regional medical campus for Drexel University College of Medicine at Tower Health. The school opened in 2021 and is currently accepting enrollment applications for the second class in 2024. In addition, Reading Hospital is the main training hospital for the medical school and supports ACGME accredited residency and fellowship programs. For more information, visit towerhealth.org.
Highlights of the Neurosurgery Section:
- Very experienced team of Neurosurgeons with subspecialty training
- An extremely collaborative Neurosurgery team with excellent support from PAs, RNs & MAs
- A new surgical tower, HealthPlex, a 476,000 square foot state-of-the-art surgical and inpatient facility with the follow features:
- 24 surgical suites, including 6 hybrid capable operating rooms
- Stealth Neuronavigaton
- Zeiss Kinevo and Pentero Microscopes
- New O-arm
- Neurovascular Biplane unit
The Benefits We Offer:
- Competitive compensation package
- Comprehensive benefits including health, dental, vision, life and disability insurance
- Retirement savings plan with employer automatic contribution and employer match.
- Malpractice insurance
- Educational Loan Assistance
- Residency/Fellowship Stipend
- Generous paid time-off allowance
- CME time and money
- Relocation assistance
- H1B & Green Card Support
- Supportive health system to advance goals
Reading Hospital is a 697-bed nonprofit teaching hospital that provides high quality healthcare, cutting-edge technology, and experienced, caring medical professionals. As the nationally recognized, Magnet-designated flagship institution of Tower Health, Reading Hospital is home to many top-tier specialty care centers and services including the McGlinn Cancer Institute, Miller Regional Heart Center, one of the state’s busiest Emergency Departments and a Level I Trauma Center, and Beginnings Maternity Center, which houses the region’s only Level III Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU). Reading Hospital was named one of America’s 50 Best Hospitals for 2023 by Healthgrades™. This is the second year in a row (2022-2023) that Reading Hospital has been in the top 1 percent of hospitals nationwide for overall clinical performance. Reading Hospital has also been ranked as one of the Top Ten Hospitals by U.S. News and World Report the second year in a row.
Reading Hospital is located in West Reading, part of Berks County, Pennsylvania. This is an area that offers many wonderful places to live and raise a family. Berks County is within driving distance of major metropolitan areas like Baltimore, Philadelphia, and New York City, offering an easy chance to get away for some big city excitement.
The Reading Symphony Orchestra and Reading Public Museum are considered among the best in the state. GoggleWorks is one of the nation’s largest interactive community arts centers. And each year, the Berks Arts Council presents the largest jazz festival on the east coast. In addition, the Santander Arena and Performing Arts Center bring some of the world’s top acts to Reading.
The great outdoors is right in your backyard, including the National Scenic Appalachian Trail, Blue Marsh Lake, French Creek State Park, and the Hawk Mountain Sanctuary. And you’ll find lakes for boating, swimming, ice fishing, and skating. Reading also ranks fourth nationwide in minor-league sports markets, hosting our own minor league hockey (Reading Royals) and baseball (Reading Fightin’ Phils) teams.
Virtual Tour – Reading Hospital
Drexel University College of Medicine at Tower Health
Living in Berks County – From Reading Fellows (Video)
Reading Hospital Campus Map
Facts About Reading Hospital
Berks County Living Website
Newcomers Guide to Berks County
Pennsylvania’s Americana Region
Contact Name: Ken Nichols
Contact Email: Kenneth.firstname.lastname@example.org
Contact Phone: 484-628-6581
- MD or DO
- candidates must be licensed/eligible to practice medicine in Pennsylvania
- Board Certified in Neurology and BC/BE in the Neurology subspecialty.
If you require alternative methods of application or screening, you must approach the employer directly to request this as H1BVisaJobs is not responsible for the employer’s application process.