Model Lab School Director of Communications
Eastern Kentucky University
Title: Model Lab School Director of Communications
Position Type: Model Staff & Faculty
Search Type: External – minimum 7 days
Department: 23R200 – K-12 Programming
Division: 3R0000 – K-12 Programming
Position Location: Richmond Campus
Driver Classification: Non-Driver
Schedule Type: Full Time (37.5 hrs per week or more)
Hours Per Week: 37.5
Additional Schedule Details: Occasional night and weekend availability to attend events
Posted Salary Grade:
Contact Person: John Williamson
Job Summary/Basic Functions
The Model Lab School Director of Communications will serve as the Superintendent’s Chief of Staff in representing and working directly with the Superintendent and leadership team to carry out and ensure success in day-to-day and long term operations of the school; act as the key communicator for the school in external and internal written, oral and digital communication platforms; and further the efforts and success of the school through strategic and extensive grant seeking, writing and submission program.
Education: Bachelor’s degree in English, Communications, Public Relations, Marketing/Advertising, or closely related field
Licensure & Certifications:
Successful experience in the field of communication.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- Demonstrated experience leading strategic and crisis communications across multiple areas;
- Superb project management skills: an ability to prioritize and manage timelines for small and long-term projects;
- Detail oriented and solid organizational skills;
- Basic photography/videography skills/experience;
- Utmost discretion with confidential and sensitive information;
- Familiar with MS Office applications; working knowledge of InDesign and Adobe Creative Suite;Job Duties:
- 50% – Communications – extensive writing, editing, organizing, planning, advising, coordinating, facilitating to ensure proactive and successful communications for the Model Lab School and superintendent – (Essential)
- 40% – Chief of Staff – work closely with the superintendent in providing leadership and support for meeting the needs of the school through organization, planning, prioritizing, addressing and resolving concerns, communication with employees, parents and community, and working with administrative team to accomplish strategic goals and meet deadlines. – (Essential)
- 10% – Grant Writing – seek opportunities, prepared proposals and grant applications, manage and establish contacts, prepare presentations, and create grant timeline tracking plans. – (Essential)
Sponsorship: Visa sponsorship will be considered on a case-by-case basis, depending upon the needs of the unit, available sponsorship budget, and the qualifications of the candidate.
Funding Source: Institutional
Open Until Filled: Yes
Special Instructions: For this type of employment, state law requires a national and state criminal history background check and a letter provided by the individual, from the Cabinet for Health and Family Services stating the applicant has no administrative findings of child abuse or neglect found through a background check of child abuse and neglect records maintained by the Cabinet for Health and Family Services. Must meet job description requirements, including physical, such as standing, walking and being able to lift up to 40 pounds.
Eastern Kentucky University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and educational institution and does not discriminate on the basis of age (40 and over), race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, ethnicity, disability, national origin, veteran status, or genetic information in the admission to, or participation in, any educational program or activity (e.g., athletics, academics and housing) which it conducts or any employment policy or practice.
Background Check Statement
Offers of employment are contingent upon satisfactory background check.
If you require alternative methods of application or screening, you must approach the employer directly to request this as H1BVisaJobs is not responsible for the employer’s application process.