Full Job Description
NOV is actively recruiting candidates for a Mechanical Designer role to provide support on new product development, product improvement, and technical/lifecycle support on multiple NOV products. The selected candidate will work on projects as part of a multidisciplinary design and development group, either individually or as part of a design team. The primary responsibilities will be as follows:
- Produce and check design layouts and detailed fabrication drawings according to ASME, ISO, and internal standards.
- Provide design support on mechanical equipment. Use feedback from field personnel and manufacturing to improve and iterate on existing products.
- Conceptualize and present mechanical design solutions.
- Create tolerance studies, implement proper GD&T, and check design documentation.
- Research and specify purchased component parts.
- Design component and system level test plans and test fixtures.
- Identify product improvements.
- Perform other work-related tasks as assigned.
- Comply with all NOV company policies and procedures.
We invite you to apply if you have the following qualifications and skills :
Visa Sponsorship Available: No
Relocation Package: No
- Associate of Science or equivalent two-year degree from a technical college required.
- 5 or more years of work experience in mechanical design and drafting.
- Hybrid schedule (3 days in the office and 2 days remote work).
- Position is onsite located at 6390 N. Eldridge Pkwy, Houston, TX 77041.
- Proficient in one or more of the following 3D CAD software packages: SolidWorks, Creo/ProE, Inventor.
- Familiarity with AutoCAD required.
- Previous oilfield experience or familiarity preferred.
- Have knowledge and experience working in or with an ISO and/or API Q1 certified manufacturing facility.
- Working knowledge of industry standards preferred; for example, API, ASME, etc.
- Hands-on experience (experience in the machine shop, hands-on with mechanical systems, welding, etc.)
If you require alternative methods of application or screening, you must approach the employer directly to request this as H1BVisaJobs is not responsible for the employer’s application process.