What you will do:
- Participate in Risk Assessment and Annual Audit Plan development
- Plan and perform financial, operational and compliance audits in accordance with the audit plan and department audit methodology
- Manage audit staff including supervising, reviewing workpapers and reports, training, and hiring (as applicable)
- Issue audit reports that are timely, accurate, clear, concise, well-written, and are of a quality to be presented to Senior Management and the Audit Committee
- Participate in the development of written department procedures, templates and standards
- Implement and maintain audit workpaper software tool
- Perform special projects, including investigations and other duties as assigned
What you will need:
- Education: Bachelor’s degree in accounting, business administration or a related field, required. Master’s degree preferred
- Certification: Certified Internal Auditor (CIA) or Certified Public Accountant (CPA), preferred
- 7+ years of internal auditing, public accounting or related experience
- 3+ years of healthcare audit or accounting experience
- Unique or Preferred Skills:
- Must possess outstanding written and verbal communication skills and be able to work and communicate effectively with all levels of management.
- Must possess outstanding project management skills with the ability to effectively plan and manage multiple projects with high quality result within a defined timeframe.
- Must maintain independence and integrity while conducting objective and constructive audits.
- Must maintain the highest standards of confidentiality.
- Career Pathways to Promote Professional Growth and Development
- Various Medical, Dental, Pet and Vision options, including Domestic Partner Coverage
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Free Parking
- Wellness Program Savings Plan
- Health Savings Account Options
- Retirement Options with Company Match
- Paid Time Off and Holiday Pay
- Community Involvement Opportunities
- Visa Sponsorship Available (Nursing and Lab roles)
NorthShore – Edward-Elmhurst Health is a fully integrated healthcare delivery system committed to providing access to quality, vibrant, community-connected care, serving an area of more than 4.2 million residents across six northeast Illinois counties. Our more than 25,000 team members and more than 6,000 physicians aim to deliver transformative patient experiences and expert care close to home across more than 300 ambulatory locations and eight acute care hospitals – Edward (Naperville), Elmhurst, Evanston, Glenbrook (Glenview), Highland Park, Northwest Community (Arlington Heights) Skokie and Swedish (Chicago) – all recognized as Magnet hospitals for nursing excellence. Located in Naperville, Linden Oaks Behavioral Health, provides for the mental health needs of area residents. For more information, visit NorthShore.org, SwedishCovenant.org, NCH.org and EEHealth.org.
When you work for NorthShore – Edward-Elmhurst Health, you will be part of an organization that encourages its employees to achieve career goals and maximize their professional potential.
Please explore our website (www.northshore.org) to better understand how NorthShore – Edward-Elmhurst Health delivers on its mission to “help everyone in our communities be their best”.
NorthShore – Edward-Elmhurst Health is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. Please refer to the main career page for more information.
Diversity, equity and inclusion is at the core of who we are; being there for our patients and each other with compassion, respect and empathy. We believe that our strength resides in our differences and in connecting our best to provide community-connected healthcare for all.
EOE: Race/Color/Sex/Sexual Orientation/ Gender Identity/Religion/National Origin/Disability/Vets, VEVRRA Federal Contractor.
If you require alternative methods of application or screening, you must approach the employer directly to request this as H1BVisaJobs is not responsible for the employer’s application process.