DHL Global Forwarding (DGF) manages the flow of goods and information across a customer’s global supply chain utilizing air/ocean/ground transportation, customs brokerage services, and dedicated warehousing/distribution centers. We are part of Deutsche Post DHL, the world’s leading logistics provider with operations in over 220 countries. Visit our career site on the web at https://www.logistics.dhl/us-en/home/careers.html
We have an exciting opportunity for a Logistics Support Coordinator to support multiple levels of customer interaction and serve as a location point of contact to one of our largest strategic DGF customers with a complex supply chain. This position will be based at the customer location in Columbus, OH
- Daily tracking and monitoring of all customer’s shipments to include milestones for all inbound capital/critical support items
- Shipment processing within customer’s SAP system
- Arrange transportation between offsite warehouse and multiple docks at customer’s location
- Provide recommendations for process improvements
- Coordination with contracted carriers and warehouse 3PLs within the designated timeline in the Service Level Guidelines (SLG)
- Serves as a 1st level of escalation and drives issues to resolution
- Proactively assesses, clarifies, and validates customer needs on an ongoing basis
- Drive collaboration with freight forwarding business units and external partners to craft solutions to meet customers changing needs and expectations
Skills / Requirements:
- Preferred Bachelor’s degree or, combination of experience and education combined
- Ability to proactively identify value opportunities, take initiative, and act collaboratively with internal and external stakeholders
- Very strong communication and presentation skills; oral and written
- Strong customer service / collaboration skills and experience
- Strong capability to sell concepts, ideas, and continuous process improvement opportunities to internal and external stakeholders
- Self-directed and assertive; with the ability to prioritize workloads and manage concurrent projects and timelines
- Previous experience in the transportation or supply chain logistics industry preferred
- SAP and AES experience a plus
DHL GLOBAL FORWARDING HAS BEEN RECOGNIZED EXTERNALLY AS TOP EMPLOYER AND
WHY DOES THIS MATTER TO YOU?
- It means that when you partner with DHL Global Forwarding you’re working with an ethical and socially responsible company.
- We believe that when people love to come to work, they give more, try harder for their Customers, and are proud of the service they give.
- And that’s why external organizations have granted us different accolades for our people practices
Our Vision : The Logistics Company for the World
Our Purpose: We connect people, improving their lives.
Our Values: Respect & Results
Our Goals: Employer, Provider, and Investment of Choice, Living Responsibility
DHL Global Forwarding is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.
DHL Global Forwarding will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States. This is not a position for which visa sponsorship will be provided. Individuals who need sponsorship for work authorization, now or in the future, are not eligible for hire for this role.
About DHL Global Forwarding (DGF) :
DHL Global Forwarding (DGF) is the world leader in air freight services and one of the leading providers of ocean freight services. Around 30,000 employees work to ensure the transport of all kinds of shipments by air or sea. DGF’s logistics solutions span the entire supply chain, from the factory to the shop floor. They also include special transport-related services.
Equal Opportunity Employer, Disability/Vets. Click here for EEO Statements and Reasonable Accommodations.