Logistical Support Services Manager
- Position: Logistical Support Services Manager
- Location: Glenview, IL
- Full Time/Part Time: Full-Time
- Hours: Evening Job
- The purpose of this job is to effectively manage the Logistical Support/Courier Services teams.
- Responsibilities include daily operational management of Logistical Support/Courier Services to include oversight of receiving, mail & copy service, couriers, shuttles, and fleet operations in accordance with established policies and procedures.
- This position manages all Logistical Support areas across all sites under the direction of the Director of Logistical Support Services.
- Supervises and manages all daily operations of department.
- Completes or performs daily environmental rounds to ensure staff is provided with an operationally safe and clean environment.
- Assists employee in performing their duties when necessary and aids others in other divisions of the department to ensure successful completion of departmental functions
- Manages and oversees scheduling and staffing for department.
- Manages and provides input in determining budget needs for assigned areas, monitors related expenses and prepares monthly variance report.
- Develops and/or updating departmental policies, procedures, goals, and objectives
- Develops goals and initiatives for the supervisor and monitors progress and effectiveness.
- Oversee scheduling of medical couriers and routes
- Oversee mail distribution and coordination with USPS
- Ensures all corporate-owned vehicles are in compliance with all local, state and federal laws as applicable, and that all vehicles are operating in a safe, clean, and efficient manner.
- Oversee fleet operations and safety of all vehicles. Ensures all routine maintenance is completed and recommends vehicle replacement as necessary
- Trains, evaluates and, when necessary, implements corrective action to address attendance, performance, and Service Values concerns
- Interviews and provides input to hiring decisions
- Responsible for the orientation and training program for new employees
- Ensures all training materials are reviewed and explained, and associated testes are completed and scored.
- Assigns new employee a preceptor(s) for introduction and exposure for one on one training.
- Arranges for and provides training and evaluation of all subordinates, ensuring cross-training of specific job functions throughout the department.
- Completes introductory, mid-term, and annual performance reviews as per established guidelines and procedures.
- Manages and resolves conflicts or issues with employees and our customers
- Ensures that actionable items are resolved in a timely fashion or moved to a higher level within the department/corporation
- Attends and participates in interdepartmental hospital committees
- Makes recommendations to address any problems/concerns identified, and helps to develop appropriate educational and training programs to address these problems/or concerns.
- Involved with specific departments to determine needs for new and/or revised procedures.
- Develops internal department committees and teams to review and recommend process improvement.
- Serves as department liaison on hospital led committees as required.
- Assures that records, graphs, logs, and material are maintained in accordance with policy, as well as regulatory agencies and governmental directives, such as maintenance reports, mileage reports, and passenger totals.
- Periodically during shift, reviews arrival and departure trends, travel time between destinations, passenger satisfaction and passenger totals and makes adjustments to ensure safe, competent and timely service.
- Determines the status of all vehicles, making routine safety and cleanliness audits. Follows manufacturer’s guidelines for maintenance, and schedules non-maintenance repairs as required, determining priority needs. Adjusts work routines to meet department needs.
- Performs monthly audits of driver’s licenses for all subordinates, and reports findings to the Director of Logistics.
- Knowledge and application of NorthShore policies and procedures that apply to job and area of responsibility
- Education: High School Diploma or GED Required; Associate’s Degree Preferred
- Skills: Must have a good driving record subject to State driver motor vehicle verification to comply with Hospital insurance requirements.
o Five (5) years’ experience in logistics and/or courier; specifically in mail and receiving operations as well as experience with previous driving/delivery.
o Two (2) years of supervisory experience preferred.
o 6 months required driving CDL/Passenger van.
o Must possess a valid Illinois CDL license, with a passenger endorsement, and a J10-L restriction within 60 days of employment.
o Must have held a valid driver’s license for three (3) years prior to the date of application.
- Within three (3) years of date of application or promotion, must not have been convicted of:
o Driving under the influence of alcohol and/or drugs, b) Reckless driving, c) Leaving the scene of an accident involving death or personal injury, d) Drag racing, e) Manslaughter, f) Reckless homicide, g) Reckless conduct from the use of a motor vehicle or other serious driving infractions/convictions.
- Career Pathways to Promote Professional Growth and Development
- Various Medical, Dental, Pet and Vision options, including Domestic Partner Coverage
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Free Parking
- Wellness Program Savings Plan
- Health Savings Account Options
- Retirement Options with Company Match
- Paid Time Off and Holiday Pay
- Community Involvement Opportunities
- Visa Sponsorship Available (Nursing and Lab roles)