What makes DHL great?Our People! We know each employee’s individual contributions make us the #1 Express Delivery and Logistics Company in the world.
Distinguished as No. 1 World’s Best Workplace™ by Great Place to Work and Fortune Magazine
DHL Express is committed to maintaining an environment that empowers every team member to make the greatest possible impact on our business. Our corporate culture is about personal commitment – to our business, to each other and to our global communities. DHL is dedicated to being a great place to work. In addition to competitive compensation packages, our employees enjoy a range of programs, services and benefits that bring the best to their personal lives.
Start YOUR career with DHL today…
We currently have an immediate opening for a qualified Load Control Agent in our Erlanger, KY Hub. The Load Control agent provides safe and accurate load plans using the automated weight and balance program for containerized flights. The Load Control agent communicates to down line Service Centers all load information in an accurate and timely manner. The Load Control agent works cooperatively with both local sort and ramp operations to effectively load plan aircraft.
- Plan night aircraft loads based on preferred load positioning, volume of material, scheduled aircraft type, routing, and material to be moved. Achieve all safety, accuracy, and cost objectives while ensuring timely dispatch of aircraft
- Ensure that all information on load plan and weight and balance is accurate prior to aircraft departure
- Understand load priority and make decisions on load placement including assignment of material to be held off of a scheduled flight
- Communicate excess weight and/or bulk issues to Hub Operations and the Network Control Group. Make decisions on load placement in the event of an overload
- Compile and communicate all load information to the proper down line stations through NMIV, email, fax, or phone if necessary
- Successfully pass random FAA drug and alcohol tests
- Complete and pass recurrent training as dictated by the appropriate manual
- Perform other duties as assigned
- High-school diploma or equivalent educational experience. Two-year Associate’s degree preferred.
- One to three years of experience in Hub Operations preferred.
- Ability to work at any time, any day, as operational needs require.
- Working knowledge or standard PC database, spreadsheet, and word processing applications. Familiarity with aviation weight and balance theory and the current automated weight and balance program preferred.
- Excellent analytical, problem solving, organizational, record keeping, and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to effectively and accurately perform and manage assignments to meet performance goals within established guidelines and deadlines.
- Ability to communicate effectively and clearly, in writing and verbally, both in one on one and group situations.
- Ability to sit at a desk for extended periods, operating keyboard, radio, phone, and computers to retrieve, input, and analyze data. -Ability to monitor computers and information consistently throughout work period.
- Must be able to pass pre-employment drug and alcohol screening.
DHL Express USA will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States. This is not a position for which visa sponsorship will be provided. Individuals who need sponsorship for work authorization, now or in the future, are not eligible for hire for this role.
DHL is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other protected characteristic. The EEO is the Law poster is available here:https://www.eeoc.gov/employers/eeo-law-poster.
If you require alternative methods of application or screening, you must approach the employer directly to request this as H1BVisaJobs is not responsible for the employer’s application process.