Lead Teacher – Fitchburg
Apply for this job
$3,000 Sign On bonus
Lead Teaching position starting at $51,714
If you have your bachelor’s degree and 3 years professional teaching experience working with youth, you could be a part of an exceptional team of teachers, aides, clinicians, speech and language pathologists, and occupational therapists. You’ll be working to meet the needs of students in grades K-12 and beyond, as they work toward diplomas and learn vocational, transitional, and social-emotional skills. Our students have typically experienced multiple academic failures, most often resulting from a wide variety of social, emotional, and behavioral challenges. Come work at our Devereux CARES school located in Fitchburg, MA.
Our beautiful location brings together students who live on campus with students who are living at home in the local communities. Though most of our students come from MA, we have students and staff who came from many other states and several countries. We are shaped by growing Servant Leadership and Diversity, Equity, Inclusion and Belonging initiatives.
While Occupational Therapy, Speech and Language Services, Clinical Support and Vocational Training form important parts of our program, the Special Education Teacher is the foundation that weaves these services together into a unified whole, presenting and differentiating the Massachusetts State Frameworks in Math, English, Science, and Social Studies as you build on student strengths and successes in our self-contained classrooms.
- 24 personal days off/year
- 8 sick days/year
- Free meals on campus
- Blue Cross Insurance & High Deductible plans available
- FSA or HSA
- Cigna Dental plans
- Davis Vision plans
- Pet Insurance plans
- Tuition Reimbursement Program between 75-100% coverage
- 3% automatic contribution to 403b retirement account (TIAA Financial) after a year of service & discretionary 2% match
- Free Life Insurance up to 2x annual salary –
- Free Health Advocacy Services
- 5 free Carebridge counseling sessions
- 3-5 free wellness coaching sessions through NY Life
- $5,000 reimbursement for diagnosis and ABA services for Autism Spectrum Disorders
- $150 Gym membership reimbursement
- AT&T Mobile Discount
- Discounts on Hotels, Rental Cars, Theme Parks, Electronics & more!
Devereux is committed to the health and safety of our staff. Learn More: https://jobs.devereux.org/#covid.
Keywords: Teacher, SPED, special education, behavioral, adolescent, teacher assistant, positive intervention, ABA
- Must be 21 years of age or older
- Valid drivers license required
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Current Teaching License (Initial or Professional) in Moderate Disabilities required
- 3 years classroom experience required
- Citizenship, residency, or H1B Visa in the United States required
- 2 weeks paid orientation, Monday – Friday from 8 – 4 in Rutland
- Completion of the Diana Screening Assessment during interview process