Lead Medical Records Coder – ( 86714 )
- Position: Inpatient Lead Coder
- Location: Hybrid
- Full Time/Part Time: Full Time
- Hours: Monday-Friday, during normal business hours
What you will need:
- Education: Bachelor’s degree in Health Information Management, Healthcare Administration, or relate field required or an Associate’s Degree with equivalent years of work experience
- Certification: Registered Health Information Technician (RHIT), Registered Health Information Administrator (RHIA), or Certified Coding Specialist (CCS) required
- Experience: 3+ years of related experience preferred in inpatient facility coding compliance, Medicare reimbursement, chart review
o Expertise in Excel and Word
o Ability to follow detailed instructions with a high degree of accuracy
o Expertise with medical terminology, coding systems, and Medicare payment systems
o Full understanding of ICD-10-CM, DRG and Rehab PPS payment groups and all applicable rules and regulations
o Experience with Epic EHR and 3M Coding Systems is a plus
What you will do:
- Perform second level coding reviews of inpatient facility (DRG) claims using ICD-10-CM and ICD-10-PCS coding guidelines and provide feedback
- Analyze, research, and apply the necessary coding guidelines and regulations
- Act as a liaison interdepartmentally and be a resource subject matter expert
- Develop and deliver coder education to improve coding accuracy and completeness
- Conduct new employee and on-going training
- Handle patient information with discretion and integrity
- Ensure actionable items are resolved timely or escalated appropriately
- Assist Supervisor with various tasks as needed
- Manages special projects as assigned by Manager
- Complete all other duties as assigned
- Career Pathways to Promote Professional Growth and Development
- Various Medical, Dental, Pet and Vision options, including Domestic Partner Coverage
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Free Parking
- Wellness Program Savings Plan
- Health Savings Account Options
- Retirement Options with Company Match
- Paid Time Off and Holiday Pay
- Community Involvement Opportunities
- Visa Sponsorship Available (Nursing and Lab roles)
NorthShore – Edward-Elmhurst Health is a fully integrated healthcare delivery system committed to providing access to quality, vibrant, community-connected care, serving an area of more than 4.2 million residents across six northeast Illinois counties. Our more than 25,000 team members and more than 6,000 physicians aim to deliver transformative patient experiences and expert care close to home across more than 300 ambulatory locations and eight acute care hospitals – Edward (Naperville), Elmhurst, Evanston, Glenbrook (Glenview), Highland Park, Northwest Community (Arlington Heights) Skokie and Swedish (Chicago) – all recognized as Magnet hospitals for nursing excellence. Located in Naperville, Linden Oaks Behavioral Health, provides for the mental health needs of area residents. For more information, visit NorthShore.org, SwedishCovenant.org, NCH.org and EEHealth.org.
When you work for NorthShore – Edward-Elmhurst Health, you will be part of an organization that encourages its employees to achieve career goals and maximize their professional potential.
Please explore our website (www.northshore.org) to better understand how NorthShore – Edward-Elmhurst Health delivers on its mission to “help everyone in our communities be their best”.
NorthShore – Edward-Elmhurst Health is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. Please refer to the main career page for more information.
Diversity, equity and inclusion is at the core of who we are; being there for our patients and each other with compassion, respect and empathy. We believe that our strength resides in our differences and in connecting our best to provide community-connected healthcare for all.
EOE: Race/Color/Sex/Sexual Orientation/ Gender Identity/Religion/National Origin/Disability/Vets, VEVRRA Federal Contractor.
If you require alternative methods of application or screening, you must approach the employer directly to request this as H1BVisaJobs is not responsible for the employer’s application process.