CDM Smith is seeking a Lead IT Asset Management Specialist to join our Corporate Business Technology team. This individual leads a team to maintain and develop IT asset management, depot shipping tasks, provisioning, and refresh process. Responsible for ensuring that the developed systems comply with enterprise and Information Technology (IT) policies, industry regulations and best practices.
***This role will require the individual to be in the Maitland, FL office at least 3 days a week.
Roles and Responsibilities include:
- Leads the Tech Refresh process by maintaining the inventory of IT assets and refreshing the assets on a regular basis. Maintains and reviews the IT products and services.
- Maintains the Asset Management database, maintains and develops the asset disposal process. Develops requirements, evaluates, and selects AM tools. Assesses tools for performance, return-on-investment, and relevancy.
- Provides management and tracking of status reports, analysis and metrics on assets events, trends, and concerns. Communicates solutions and provides scope and deliverable risks to IT management.
- Maintains technology asset lifecycle policies and practices. Provides training, documentation, and recommendations. Leads the team on provisioning computers, depot shipping tasks, loading software, and reviewing the lifecycle process for recommendations for enhancements and improvements.
- Maintains the loaner program, proposes, and implements application solutions, including functional, integration, operation, assignment, and recovery of IT assets. Creates documentation and conducts training as required.
- Provides technical guidance and training to more junior staff. Mentors more junior staff and develops them for future growth within the discipline and firm. Supervises the work of junior staff in the asset and refresh process.
- Executes vendor contracts and conducts research with IT vendors, makes recommendations and provides updates regarding trends, delays, and coordination of IT assets.
- Performs other duties as required.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- 8 years of related experience.
- Equivalent additional directly related experience will be considered in lieu of a degree.
Domestic and/or international travel may be required. The frequency of travel is contingent on specific duties, responsibilities, and the essential functions of the position, which may vary depending on workload and project demands.
- Experience with ServiceNow highly preferred.
Amount of Travel Required
Skills and Abilities
- Expert knowledge of maintaining and refreshing IT Assets in an automated tracking platform.
- Expert ability to communicate with technology staff, business stakeholders, and management.
- Good knowledge of repair/replace, loaner programs and provisioning computers.
- Advanced written, verbal communications and organizational skills.
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to lead and mentor team members.
- Expert asset management skills and knowledge of software and hardware asset life cycle process.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office with strong Excel skills.
Background Check and Drug Testing Information
Visa Sponsorship Available