Responsible for providing specialized consultation, managing the immigration and visa process, and assisting international faculty and staff; assists in the development and delivery of employee orientation and other workshops; and maintains international employee university-managed databases. Performs other related duties as assigned.
Essential Job Functions
- Provide comprehensive support and consultation to employees and departments on immigration and visa requirements and processes while ensuring compliance with various laws.
- Facilitate the processing of appropriate immigration documents of non-resident alien professional employees at the university.
- Coordinate with Legal Counsel, Provost’s Office, and external counsel for guidance to ensure adherence to compliance on processing and maintenance of H-1B and other visas, including forms, reports, and publications.
- Advise HR partners and other university stakeholders on immigration matters and provide subject matter expertise.
- Responsible for executing policies, procedures, and oversight of immigration standards for hiring international professional employees (i.e., H1b, O-1, TNs, Permanent Resident applications)
- Monitor immigration petition and track deadlines and expiration dates.
Workplace Relations Consultation
- Serve as a trusted advisor to the Office of the Provost in support of faculty. Provide leadership consultation and advising on faculty-related workplace relations matters, as requested, including performance coaching.
- Supports Office of the Provost in organizational change and design, as requested.
- Diagnose, translate, define, and align with current and future campus needs and translate into overall strategic HR plan.
- Actively works across multiple People & Culture functional teams to create solutions to ensure retention and aligned HR practices with business needs. Develops collaboration/trust with all levels of team members, both internal and external to People & Culture team.
- Assist with building leader capabilities in talent and organizational effectiveness, driving proactive and strategic thinking. Assist in onboarding of new leadership in line with leadership competencies, culture, systems, relationships, and organizational structure.
- Serves as campus leader in education and delivery of initiatives and strategies supporting Denison Forward.
- Co-delivers campus wide education of employment laws and internal processes, such as FMLA, COBRA, ADA, and other federal and state laws covering discrimination and equal opportunity employment.
- As needed, guide, manage, and resolve complex staff-level employee relations issues. Work closely with management and team members to improve work relationships, build morale, and increase productivity and retention. Other duties as assigned
5 years of experience to include Human Resources workplace relations experience and demonstrated experience with immigration law practices and procedures. Advanced years of experience beyond the minimum may be substituted for education requirement.
Three years of demonstrated experience developing and implementing processes and procedures to enhance HR. Experience providing decision support using HR metrics
Office environment which may include: sitting, standing, walking, lifting, carrying, reaching, pushing, and pulling. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform essential job functions.
Open Until Filled
Special Instructions to Applicants
Position is open until filled. Candidates applying April 25, 2023 will be assured full consideration.
In our ongoing efforts to support the health of our community and continue to operate our campus safely, Denison requires all new hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 including a booster within the timeline guidance recommended by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention unless a Denison-authorized exemption is approved prior to the first date of employment. For more information and resources regarding this policy as a condition of employment, please visit https://denison.edu/campus/covid19
Denison University Background Check Statement
The final candidate will undergo a background check as a conditional offer of employment.
Denison University EEO Statement
Denison University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
If you require alternative methods of application or screening, you must approach the employer directly to request this as H1BVisaJobs is not responsible for the employer’s application process.