Full Job Description
Together, we own our company, our future, and our shared success.
As an employee-owned company, our people are Black & Veatch. We put them at the center of everything we do and empower them to grow, explore new possibilities and use their diverse talents and perspectives to solve humanity’s biggest challenges in an ever-evolving world. With over 100 years of innovation in sustainable infrastructure and our expertise in engineering, procurement, consulting and construction, together we are building a world of difference.
Company : Overland Contracting Inc
Req Id : 96101
Opportunity Type : Staff
Relocation eligible : No
Full time/Part time : Full-Time
Project Only Hire : Yes
Visa Sponsorship Available: No
This role will be a field-based Craft Recruiter in the Florida region. This role will be supporting Solar construction projects. Craft recruiting for multiple disciplines such as electrical, piping, mechanical, operators, solar installers, etc. The primary responsibility of the Recruiter is to drive the hiring process to ensure that open positions are filled as quickly as possible with the best talent possible. Responsible for providing staffing services to local or regional office hiring managers as assigned. Recruiting efforts include sourcing, screening, interviewing, and hiring. Assesses needs in recruitment and compensation adjustments. Adheres to all federal, state, and local laws governing employment process. #LI-KC1
- Coordinates the applicant process, including scheduling interviews, making travel arrangements, and creating related correspondence.
- Maintains data in resume tracking system. Enters requisition information and applicant data.
- General administrative duties include telephone coverage, mail preparation, internet usage, human resource information system reports, memos, researching and obtaining documentation.
- Schedules activities, special events and programs, such as interns and co-ops events, scholarship program, etc.
- Tracks and codes invoices for interviews and transportation.
- Develops internal and external relationships with candidates and hiring managers.
- May be responsible for generating ad hoc reports, or assigned special projects as required.
- May have responsibility for coordinating and scheduling special activities such as drug testing, contingent workers, campus events, intern/co-op events, or reduction-in-force.
- May have responsibility for ordering recruiting materials.
- 5+ years progressive recruiting experience
- Bilingual (Spanish/English) highly desired
- Bachelor’s degree in HR or related field; PHR/SPHR Certification preferred
- Interviewing, Employment Law, EEO/AAP and Problem Solving/Conflict Management
- Experience in high-volume craft construction recruiting
- Basic knowledge of human resource information system
- Basic knowledge of resume tracking system
- Basic knowledge of hiring policies and procedures
- Strong multi-tasking skills
- Good communication skills
All applicants must be able to complete pre-employment onboarding requirements (if selected) which may include any/all of the following:
- criminal/civil background check, drug screen, and motor vehicle records search, in compliance with any applicable laws and regulations.
Black & Veatch endeavors to make www.bv.com/careers accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process because of a disability, please contact the Employee Relations Department at +1-913-359-1622 or via our accommodations request form. This contact information is for disability accommodation requests only; you may not use this contact information to inquire about the status of applications. General inquiries about the status of applications will not be returned.
Black & Veatch is committed to being an employer of choice by creating a valuable work experience that keeps our people engaged, productive, safe and healthy.
Our comprehensive benefits portfolio is a key component of this commitment and offers an array of health care benefits including but not limited to medical, dental and vision insurances along with disability and a robust wellness program.
To support a healthy work-life balance, we offer flexible work schedules, paid vacation and holiday time, sick time, and dependent sick time.
A variety of additional benefits are available to our professionals, including a company-matched 401k plan, adoption reimbursement, tuition reimbursement, vendor discounts, an employment referral program, AD&D insurance, pre-taxed accounts, voluntary legal plan and the B&V Credit Union. Professionals may also be eligible for a performance-based bonus program.
We are proud to be a 100 percent ESOP-owned company. As employee-owners, our professionals are empowered to drive not only their personal growth, but the company’s long-term achievements – and they share in the financial rewards of the success through stock ownership.
By valuing diverse voices and perspectives, we cultivate an authentically inclusive environment for professionals and are able to provide innovative and effective solutions for clients.
Black & Veatch Holding Company, its subsidiaries and its affiliated companies, complies with all Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) affirmative action laws and regulations. Black & Veatch does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, religion, color, sex, national origin, marital status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender Identity and expression, disability, veteran status, pregnancy status or other status protected by law.
Notice to External Search Firms: Black & Veatch does not accept unsolicited resumes and will not be obligated to pay a placement fee for unsolicited resumes. Black & Veatch Talent Acquisition engages with search firms directly for hiring needs.
If you require alternative methods of application or screening, you must approach the employer directly to request this as H1BVisaJobs is not responsible for the employer’s application process.