Full Job Description
As a key member of an exciting team leading Functional Safety activities in Product Development, this role involves working with technology subject matter experts to conduct Functional Safety analysis using efficient model-based systems engineering (MBSE / SysML) tools. Additionally, you will work with global teams to design simple and safe systems that bring advanced distributed technology from research to production. This role promotes technical growth and team collaboration.
This role is #hybrid.
The minimum requirements we seek:
- Bachelor of Science degree in Electrical Engineering, Systems Engineering, or Computer Engineering
- 2+ years of product development experience engineering embedded systems
Our Preferred Requirements:
- Masters of Science degree in Electrical Engineering, Systems Engineering, or Computer Engineering
- Strong student with employment / extracurricular activities during college or 5 years of experience demonstrating leadership in Systems Engineering or hardware architecture design
- Ability to adapt to a dynamic working environment
- Ability to work within a diverse team
- Interest in the automotive industry
- Working knowledge of electrical/electronic systems and software fundamentals
- Working knowledge and experience in Systems Engineering
- Experience producing clear written technical communications
- Experience designing system, software, or electronic hardware architectures
- Successful candidates should be able to demonstrate leadership behaviors combined with outstanding interpersonal, team building, and communication skills
What you will receive in return:
As an established global company, we offer the benefit of choice. You can choose what your Ford future will look like: will your story span the globe, or keep you close to home? Will your career be a deep dive into what you love, or a series of new teams and new skills? Will you be a leader, a changemaker, a technical expert, a culture builder…or all of the above? No matter what you choose, we offer a work life that works for you, including:
- Immediate medical, dental, and prescription drug coverage
- Flexible family care, parental leave, new parent ramp-up programs, subsidized back-up child care and more
- Vehicle discount program for employees and family members, and management leases
- Tuition assistance
- Established and active employee resource groups
- Paid time off for individual and team community service
- A generous schedule of paid holidays, including the week between Christmas and New Year’s Day
- Paid time off and the option to purchase additional vacation time.
For a detailed look at our benefits, click here .
Visa sponsorship is available for this position.
Candidates for positions with Ford Motor Company must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a culturally diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, age, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status or protected veteran status.
At Ford, the health and safety of our employees is our top priority. Vaccination has been proven to play a critical role in combating COVID-19. As a result, Ford has made the decision to require U.S. salaried employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, unless employees require an accommodation for religious or medical reasons. Being fully vaccinated means that an individual is at least two weeks past their final dose of an authorized COVID-19 vaccine regimen. As a condition of employment, newly hired employees will be required to provide proof of their COVID-19 vaccination or an approved medical or religious exemption.
If you require alternative methods of application or screening, you must approach the employer directly to request this as H1BVisaJobs is not responsible for the employer’s application process.