The EHS Manager is responsible for all environmental, health & safety programs, procedures, training, work practices, and controls at the facility. This position is responsible for identifying applicable EHS regulations and risks while interacting with Operations, Planning, Legal, Engineering, and Global EHS to implement acceptable systems in order to ensure compliance and conformance to EHS Policies and Management System.
Key responsibilities for this role include:
- Defining, driving, monitoring, and reporting site EHS targets and objectives in support of plant and corporate EHS strategic initiatives designed to drive EHS culture, compliance, and results.
- Lead and/or participate in Job Hazard Analysis and the investigation of employee concerns, EHS Incidents, and Employee Observations/Near Misses, along with corrective action development.
- Ensure EHS reviews are integrated into the Management of Change process and Lean efforts.
- Maintain Environmental, Health & Safety systems to track necessary data for reporting, along with timely report submittal (Form R, air emissions reports, etc.)
- Works with Engineering, Production, and Maintenance to manage Property Loss Prevention activities.
- Works with Human Resources and corporate Workers Compensation Manager to facilitate Worker Compensation claim activities, provide information and notification to the designated Worker’ Compensation insurance company representative.
- Identifies and supports achievement and maintenance of third-party certification, such as ISO 14001 and OHSAS 18001.
- Manages and conducts EHS training processes to ensure required training is conducted, completed, and documented accordingly.
- Monitors federal, state, and local regulatory EHS requirements and analyze potential impacts on operations.
- Manages Industrial Hygiene program to include sampling & analysis, data collection, and data reporting.
- Maintain all environmental permits, manifests, and associated record-keeping.
- Acts as the facility EHS contact with government agencies.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Safety, Environmental Management, or other related technical disciplines.
- 4 years of experience in EHS or related field
- 3+ years of experience with ISO-14001 & OHSAS 18001
- Prior experience in a manufacturing environment
- Strong oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Visa sponsorship available for Continental employees only
- Lead Auditor certification a plus.
- Ability to work in a matrix organization with multiple reporting responsibilities.
WHY YOU SHOULD APPLY
Paid Time Off
Tuition & Employee Discounts
Employer 401(k) Match
And more benefits that come with working for a global industry leader!
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
EEO / AA / Disabled / Protected Veteran Employer. Continental offers equal employment opportunities to all qualified individuals, without regard to unlawful consideration to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law. In addition, as a federal contractor, Continental complies with government regulations, including affirmative action responsibilities, where they apply. To be considered, you must apply for a specific position for which Continental has a current posted job opening. Qualifying applications will be considered only for the specific opening(s) to which you apply. If you would like to be considered for additional or future job openings, we encourage you to reapply for other opportunities as they become available. Further, Continental provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with a disability. If you need assistance in the application process, please reply to [email protected] or contact US Recruiting at 248.393.5566. This telephone line and email address are reserved solely for job seekers with disabilities requesting accessibility assistance or an accommodation in the job application process. Please do not call about the status of your job application, if you do not require accessibility assistance or an accommodation. Messages left for other purposes, such as following up on an application or non-disability related technical issues, will not receive a call back.
Ready to drive with Continental? Take the first step and fill in the online application.
ContiTech, a division of Continental, is one of the world’s leading suppliers of technical elastomer products and is a specialist in plastics technology. ContiTech develops and produces functional parts, components, and systems for machine and plant engineering, mining, the automotive industry, and other important industries. Our Hogansville, GA location is seeking an Environmental Health & Safety Manager to join our team. The ideal candidate is a team player, dependable, and works well within a team environment.
ContiTech USA, Inc.
How does Continental support you in your career?
Video length: 31 seconds
How does Continental support my career? During the many years and multiple …
Software Engineering Manager
If you require alternative methods of application or screening, you must approach the employer directly to request this as H1BVisaJobs is not responsible for the employer’s application process.