Job Description & Qualifications
As part of our Manufacturing team, you’ll help build the world-class, state-of-the-art smart vehicles the world expects from us. Within our plants around the world, we’re constantly developing new technologies and processes to further increase our efficiency. That means we’re continually seeking diligent, determined performers who think outside the box to help us find better and more efficient ways to manufacture our vehicles.
Sign-on bonus of $10,000 for qualified candidates!What you’ll be able to do:
We’re seeking a diligent, detail-driven professional to provide vital expertise in support of our manufacturing process engineering activities. We’re looking to optimize our efforts in safety, quality, and efficiency. This involves applying engineering principles and analytical techniques to advance continuous improvement of manufacturing processes and products. You will:
- Use Vis Plant monitoring software to review cycle times of automation, review and follow up automation projects and installations
- Troubleshoot PLC, robot, and other automation problems
- Update program backups for automation
- Program new installations for stamping press curves, motion controls and integration for tooling
- Reprogram automation for engineering changes and improvements
- Coordinate automation campaigns
The minimum requirements we seek:
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or a closely related field of study
- 2 or more years’ experience in Building controls,
- 2 or more years’ experience in Stamping Controls, press controls, high speed motion profiles (curves), tonnage monitoring
Our preferred requirements:
- Successful candidate will be able to demonstrate leadership behaviors combined with outstanding interpersonal, teambuilding, and communication skills
- 5 or more years of related experience
- Strong problem-solving skills, including 8Ds, FMEAs, and DMAICs
- Ability to independently troubleshoot stamping equipment and continuously evaluate stamping equipment for improvement for quality and delivery
- Microsoft office
- Electrical and Mechanical engineering software, AutoCAD & EPlan ability to read prints, interpret and modify electrical schematics
- Addition networking understanding, TCP/IP, DH+, RS232, Remote I/O, CAN bus, Modbus
- Resistance Spot Welding
- Evaluation and Analysis of energy consumption for plant cost savings
- Programming data collection with XLM & HTML based HMI applications, Java, SCADA
- Cyber Security, Windows patch update, Solidcore, Networking Security, Application Security, Operational Security
- SQL Server with data collector, Real-Time data collection, Data manipulation within SAP databases
- 2 or more years’ experience in Vision systems VMT, Cognex, Mipec
- 2 or more years’ experience in one of the following fields:
- Electrical Background (electrician or technician)
- Programming AB Servo and AB VFD drives, Siemens Starter, Siemens SiMotion, Indra-drives and Bosch servos, SEW drives and servos, Dynamic Blank (Sheet) detection
- Networking TCP/IP, Profibus, Profinet,
- Advance PLC Knowledge, logic and controls (RSLogix, Siemens Step7 & TIA Portal, Beckoff Twincat 2 & Twincat 3, Mac8, Pilz Pss3000)
- Advance HMI Knowledge, Allen Bradley Panel View, WinCC, Visual Basics
- PLC Controllers RS Logics, Siemens Step7 & TIA Portal, Beckoff, Mac8, Pilz
- PLC Languages Statement list, State, Ladder, Structure text, Block diagram, Function block
- Visual Factory Management, WinCC, WinCC Flexible
- Lean Manufacturing and Six Sigma experience
- Robot experience Fanuc, Kawasaki, Kuka
What you’ll receive in return:
As part of the Ford family, you’ll enjoy excellent compensation and a comprehensive benefits package that includes generous PTO, retirement, savings and stock investment plans, incentive compensation and much more. You’ll also experience exciting opportunities for professional and personal growth and recognition.
If you have what it takes to help us redefine the future of mobility, we’d love to have you join us.
Candidates for positions with Ford Motor Company must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is available for this position.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a culturally diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, age, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status or protected veteran status.
For information on Ford’s benefits and compensation, click here:
At Ford, the health and safety of our employees is our top priority. Vaccination has been proven to play a critical role in combatting COVID-19. As a result, Ford has made the decision to require U.S. salaried employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, unless employees require an accommodation for religious or medical reasons.
Being fully vaccinated means that an individual is at least two weeks past their final dose of an authorized COVID-19 vaccine regimen. As a condition of employment, newly hired employees will be required to provide proof of their COVID-19 vaccination or an approved medical or religious exemption.
Auto req ID