Do you have a passion for helping customers and supporting a sustainable solution? Since 1973, Cat Reman has helped bring the value at the core of every Cat product back to life. Customers look to us to provide a high-quality solution that is good for their business – and promotes sustainability. It’s important to us to deliver. Our team is full of industry leaders. Together, following common values, we share a passion for delivering sustainability benefits that help the company contribute to a circular economy. It’s rewarding work, with an inspiring team, where every contribution matters.
About the role:
An Engineering Manufacturing Manager will coordinate the development and implementation of systems starting with the manufacturability of prime product at concept / design through the various assembly process to shipment of product. This includes facility design, construction, and maintenance activities as well as the planning, developing, and implementing systems for new lean assembly processes.
What you will do:
Provide leadership and management over various levels of manufacturing engineering supervisors and technical staff positions.
Work directly with the Operations Manager providing manufacturing expertise in: manufacturing, assembly, materials & logistics, planning support, project management methodology/processes/tools.
- Responsible for all building related maintenance, utilities and both factory and office layouts. Interacts with manufacturing managers, product managers & facility managers to address all facility layout and rearrangement issues. Decisions regarding cost effective solutions for layouts and repairs of buildings are included in these responsibilities.
- Collaborate with manufacturing managers and facility manager to provide timely maintenance and repair of equipment at a competitive cost.
- Ensure that machine uptimes and process capabilities will meet quality & production schedules.
- Maintain all indirect inventories necessary for machine repairs. Develop and maintain maintenance training programs with Cat-U. Coordinates all contract maintenance activity with external suppliers to achieve cost effective solutions.
- Interact with both Labor Relations and the Union Committeeman and represents the company on third step grievance meetings and is a member of the contract negotiating team.
- Maintain the capital expenditure activity, which includes the proper accounting and tax implications. Expenditures are monitored and compared to the original target in the request for investment.
- Determine when assets are placed in service are coordinated with manufacturing managers and Business Resource personnel.
- Provide coordination of capital expenditure activity involves manufacturing managers, product managers and business resource personnel.
Tooling and Programming
- Develop tooling and NC Programming for all current and new components.
- Interacts with all manufacturing managers, engineering managers, product managers, and facility managers.
- Responsible for the tool room, which maintains all current production tooling and builds tooling for new product introductions. Develops all programming for new machines, processes and products.
- Coordinate the programming/tooling aspects for NPI projects. Also responsible for gauging development and use. Cost effectively manages all perishable and durable tooling and fixtures.
Heat Treat & Met Lab
- Manage Heat Treat and Met Lab services ensuring efficient and necessary support to manufacturing areas.
- Ensure and implement new technologies and continual improvements on the various processes to improve quality and reduce costs.
- Facilitate the deployment of Concurrent Product & Process Development (CPPD) methodology and provides the required support resources.
- Support corporate initiatives such as 6 Sigma, Lean Manufacturing, certification, etc.
- Complete the installation of all machinery and equipment related to facility transformation.
- Responsible for all machinery moves and facility rearrangement.
- Interacts with manufacturing managers, product managers and facility managers.
- Responsible for the supervision of purchasing and releasing of orders for indirect inventory items. Manages indirect inventory.
- Share responsibility for the price and term negotiations with indirect suppliers.
- Manage a department through subordinate supervisors/managers and professionals. The incumbent provides direction, focus, motivation, and encouragement for subordinates. The position is responsible for all personnel issues and performance evaluation of subordinates.
- Up to 10% travel is required for this role
What you will have:
- A college or university degree in engineering or related technical field
- 10 plus years of progressively responsible experience leading a group of engineering and technical professionals
- A engineering or manufacturing background plus familiarity with company manufacturing facilities, processes, equipment and processes.
- Knowledge of shop operations and maintenance procedures is required.
- Excellent interpersonal skills are required in order to deal with sensitive issues, develop others, or persuade others inside and outside the department to take specific actions.
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Paid time off plan (Vacation, Holiday, Volunteer, Etc.)
- 401k savings plan
- Health savings account (HSA)
- Flexible spending accounts (FSAs)
- Short and long-term disability coverage
- Life Insurance
- Paid parental leave
- Healthy Lifestyle Programs
- Employee Assistance Programs
- Voluntary Benefits (Ex. Accident, Identity Theft Protection)
Relocation assistance is offered for this position.
Visa sponsorship is available for qualified candidates #LI
Relocation is available for this position.Visa sponsorship available for eligible applicants.
EEO/AA Employer. All qualified individuals – Including minorities, females, veterans and individuals with disabilities – are encouraged to apply.
If you require alternative methods of application or screening, you must approach the employer directly to request this as H1BVisaJobs is not responsible for the employer’s application process.