Full Job Description
Job Title: Engineer- Design (LPSD Fuel Systems)
- Domestic relocation assistance is available for this position.
- Visa sponsorship is available for this position.
- The position is located in Pontiac, IL.
- To be considered for this role, please apply by 5/25/2023 at 11:59pm.
Caterpillar Company Info:
Our common values and focus on inclusion and respect drive the decisions made by our company, teams, and people. Which is why we are committed to hiring and building diverse teams’ representative of the customers we serve globally. Here, you can apply your unique life and job experiences, and work in a team environment where your ideas are heard, your contributions are celebrated, and your whole-self matters. Click to view Caterpillar fact sheet: EVP_Infographic_fnl.pdf
The Large Power Systems division has an opening as an Engineer- Design in the Fuel Systems Engineering team. In this role located in Pontiac, IL you provide design support for current production Fuel Systems products within Large Power Systems Division. You will support production test and assembly by addressing first test pass issues, component quality, and assembly issues. The candidate will support cost reduction, CPI, and component resourcing by conducting bench validation, performance testing, and part inspection. You will work with a team of engineers, suppliers, purchasing, manufacturing, and within the production facilities to support engine and parts customers.
Job Duties/Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
- Design and validation of components for CPI issue resolution.
- Lead and support Continuous Product Improvement (CPI) and New Source Introduction (NSI) programs.
- Review and approve process change notices (PCN), deviations, and PPAP’s.
- Conduct bench endurance testing for validation of design changes or component resourcing.
- Collaborate and communicate with internal and external customers, suppliers, team members, manufacturing facilities
- Product maintenance support including drawing releases.
- Bachelor’s degree in a STEM related field
- A minimum of 2 years of direct engineering experience
- Strong written and verbal communication skills required to be successful in this role
- A reliable self-starter with the ability to learn multiple product lines quickly
Top Candidates will also have:
- Engine component, system, or platform design experience
- Manufacturing support experience
- APQP, PPAP, PCN, and design releasing experience
- Validation definition experience using FMEA and DVP&R methods.
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Paid time off plan (Vacation, Holiday, Volunteer, Etc.)
- 401k savings plan
- Health savings account (HSA)
- Flexible spending accounts (FSAs)
- Short and long-term disability coverage
- Life Insurance
- Paid parental leave
- Healthy Lifestyle Programs
- Employee Assistance Programs
- Voluntary Benefits (Ex. Accident, Identity Theft Protection)
Please frequently check the email associated with your application, including the junk/spam folder, as this is the primary correspondence method. If you wish to know the status of your application – please use the candidate log-in on our career website as it will reflect any updates to your status.
Relocation is available for this position. Visa sponsorship available for eligible applicants.EEO/AA Employer. All qualified individuals – Including minorities, females, veterans and individuals with disabilities – are encouraged to apply.
Not ready to apply? Submit your information to our Talent Network here.
If you require alternative methods of application or screening, you must approach the employer directly to request this as H1BVisaJobs is not responsible for the employer’s application process.