Employee Relations Specialist
- Position: Employee Relations Specialist
- Location: Skokie, IL
- Full Time/Part Time: Full Time
- Hours: Monday-Friday during normal business hours
What you will need:
- Education: Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources or related field.
- Experience: 2+ years of employee relations experience, preferably in a healthcare environment
- Advanced Excel, PowerPoint
- Strong analytical skills
- Excellent communication – both verbal and written
- Strong customer service skills
- Ability to work effectively with all levels of the organization
- Strong Organizational skills
- Ability to multi-task on a regular basis
What you will do:
- Coach and assist managers on employee relations matters including providing guidance on behavior and performance matters, ADA accommodations and complicated attendance and leave of absence matters, as well as investigations, while ensuring consistency and legal compliance
- Review and revise employee relations documentation including corrective actions and performance improvement plans
- Serve as internal consultant for department managers on policy interpretation and application
- Conduct exit interviews and identify trends
- Participate in unemployment hearings with department managers
- Participate in project based assignments as needed
- Career Pathways to Promote Professional Growth and Development
- Various Medical, Dental, Pet and Vision options, including Domestic Partner Coverage
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Free Parking
- Wellness Program Savings Plan
- Health Savings Account Options
- Retirement Options with Company Match
- Paid Time Off and Holiday Pay
- Community Involvement Opportunities
- Visa Sponsorship Available (Nursing and Lab roles)
NorthShore – Edward-Elmhurst Health is a fully integrated healthcare delivery system committed to providing access to quality, vibrant, community-connected care, serving an area of more than 4.2 million residents across six northeast Illinois counties. Our more than 25,000 team members and more than 6,000 physicians aim to deliver transformative patient experiences and expert care close to home across more than 300 ambulatory locations and eight acute care hospitals – Edward (Naperville), Elmhurst, Evanston, Glenbrook (Glenview), Highland Park, Northwest Community (Arlington Heights) Skokie and Swedish (Chicago) – all recognized as Magnet hospitals for nursing excellence. Located in Naperville, Linden Oaks Behavioral Health, provides for the mental health needs of area residents. For more information, visit NorthShore.org, SwedishCovenant.org, NCH.org and EEHealth.org.
When you work for NorthShore – Edward-Elmhurst Health, you will be part of an organization that encourages its employees to achieve career goals and maximize their professional potential.
Please explore our website (www.northshore.org) to better understand how NorthShore – Edward-Elmhurst Health delivers on its mission to “help everyone in our communities be their best”.
NorthShore – Edward-Elmhurst Health is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. Please refer to the main career page for more information.
Diversity, equity and inclusion is at the core of who we are; being there for our patients and each other with compassion, respect and empathy. We believe that our strength resides in our differences and in connecting our best to provide community-connected healthcare for all.
If you require alternative methods of application or screening, you must approach the employer directly to request this as H1BVisaJobs is not responsible for the employer’s application process.