The eMobility Product Strategy team at Daimler Truck North America is looking for an open-minded, passionate & market-focused individual with a strategic eye and interest in data analysis. This individual has a comprehensive vision for how competitors, customers, technology and regulations shape the ZEV adoption within the North American Commercial Vehicle market. On a daily basis, this team member leads ZEV volume forecasting, market modeling and competitor assessment initiatives. Dynamic, data-driven analysis, close customer contact and staying up-to-date on ZEV market trends are essential to develop and maintain the expertise required for this position.
As DTNA’s ZEV market expert, this position proactively collaborates with global and local cross-functions, especially compliance, engineering and sales teams, as well as reports regularly to executive management. With the disruptive, fast changing nature of the commercial ZEV market comes the need for creative and innovative approaches to establish fitting assessment and dynamic forecasting methods. Passion and entrepreneurial thinking combined with a positive “can-do” attitude are values that shape the culture within the eMobility department and considered essential for new additions to the team.
- Maintain & update internal market modeling and forecasting tools to generate scenarios for ZEV adoption potential within the North American trucking market. Align assumptions and inputs with responsible cross-functions and experts regularly. Implement improvement measures to increase the market model coverage, accuracy and granularity.
- Perform sensitivity analysis for important market and product features, e.g. fuel prices or driving range, to enable product optimization and target definition for future product projects.
- Compare internal ZEV forecasts and market models with external sources. Engage and collaborate with 3rd party providers for market assessments and increase maturity of DTNA’s market intelligence.
- Lead the creation of volume forecasts and market potentials for ZEV product projects from early feasibility study throughout project execution.
- Compile conclusions and market information within regular reports and present to key stakeholders. Establish standard reporting forms, dashboards and charts.
- Analyze competitive ZEV products and market data to identify opportunities & threads to DTNA’s ZEV portfolio. Outline conclusions and key takeaways that impact DTNA’s product strategy and business model.
- Analyze competitive brands, product lines, business strategies, product positioning and launch timing with focus on ZEVs and the US commercial vehicle market. Compile material to share this information in effective ways with the wider marketing, sales and strategy departments.
- Report competitor studies to committees and management
- Support and coordinate the ZEV Product Roadmapping process. Compile business development opportunities, feasibility studies, market information and project proposals for the annual Roadmapping session. The goal is to get ZEV initiatives prioritized for the first step of DTNA’s project implementation process.
- Support implementation of new product requests into project management process as PAR/ PARlite. This includes, leading cross-functional teams until final project approval and supporting DTNA projects as the Sales & Marketing sub project lead until project closure.
- Travel and visit trade shows, conventions etc to engage with suppliers, competitors, rule makers…
- Drive volume and forecasting alignments for ZEVs within the global Daimler Truck organization
- Lead and mentor interns.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a Technical, Engineering, or Business/ Marketing field, plus two years of practical experience in the industry
- Basic understanding of zero emission vehicle concepts and ecosystem (market, players, challenges, technology trends, competitors), practical experience in the industry
- Basic experience in data analytics, data bases and data visualization tools & methods (e.g. Excel, Tableau, PowerBI, Python, SQL)
- Data compilation and gathering from various data sources
- Data analysis to identify trends and market behavior
- Visualization of conclusions and results via dashboards and presentations
- Strong communication & collaboration skills – interpersonal, presentation, and written
- Capability to combine technical concepts with economical evaluations and impact assessments
- Willingness to travel (~20%)
- Language skills: English (fluent written and spoken)
- An attached resume is required
- Experience working with various Sales & Marketing departments (strategy, pricing, business development, etc)
- Experience in commercial trucking industry and market
- Experience in data analysis and market modeling
- Experience working with various DTNA internal databases & tools (Order Explorer, DB2, Polk, IBT, SpecPro, IMS)
- Advanced knowledge of commercial vehicles: drivetrain & technology, assembly and production processes, customers & market environment, supplier landscape
- Experience working and leading cross-functional teams to execute complex programs
- Language skills: German, Spanish (for global collaboration)
- Portland, OR
- Fort Mill, SC
Final candidate must successfully complete a pre-employment drug screen and criminal background check.
Contractors, professional services, or other contingent workers should confirm with their local agency if they are eligible to apply for FTE positions.
Hold a valid visa (L1A, L1B, TN, H1B, EAD, OPT EAD)
Those eligible for a TN Visa (Canadian or Mexican National working in an Engineering, Accounting or Scientific Technologist capacity with an aligning degree)
Mercedes-Benz do Brasil Ltda.
Mercedes-Benz Cars & Vans Brasil – Indústria e Comércio De Veículos Ltda.
Mercedes-Benz Canada Inc.
Daimler Mobility AG
Daimler Truck AG
Daimler India Commercial Vehicles Private Limited
Mercedes-Benz Research & Development India Private Limited
Daimler Manufactura, S. de R.L. de C.V.
Daimler Vehiculos Comerciales Mexico S. de R.L. de C.V.