Full Job Description
Quest Global is an organization at the forefront of innovation and one of the world’s fastest growing engineering services firms with deep domain knowledge and recognized expertise in the top OEMs across seven industries. We are a twenty-five-year-old company on a journey to becoming a centenary one, driven by aspiration, hunger and humility.
We are looking for humble geniuses, who believe that engineering has the potential to make the impossible, possible; innovators, who are not only inspired by technology and innovation, but also perpetually driven to design, develop, and test as a trusted partner for Fortune 500 customers.
As a team of remarkably diverse engineers, we recognize that what we are really engineering is a brighter future for us all. If you want to contribute to meaningful work and be part of an organization that truly believes when you win, we all win, and when you fail, we all learn, then we’re eager to hear from you.
The achievers and courageous challenge-crushers we seek, have the following characteristics and skills:
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Assist with the development of new design and production capabilities incorporating new trends and technologies to support customer requests and company objectives.
- Design standard and special motor controls according to company guidelines to meet appropriate standards and customer requirements. Work to include selection of components, development of a bill of material, and development of schematics, programming and production drawings as required.
- Assemble and program standard and special motor controls for electric winch motor starters and programmable variable frequency drives, using standard electrical practices according to schematics, wiring diagrams, and blueprints.
- Assist with development of designs and processes to improve efficiencies, reduce costs and improve quality according to company objectives.
- Provide cost estimates for electrical controls according to established guidelines.
- Provide telephone and in field or on site technical support to customers for startups, program modifications, and trouble-shooting related to motors, controls, other electrical devices and mechanical drives interacting with electrical components.
- Learn, understand and apply knowledge to continuously upgrade standard control designs by improving assembly procedures, designs, materials, and costs.
- Document and organize projects according to established procedures using various tools including computer software such as CAD, Excel, and Visual Manufacturing.
- Program controls applying knowledge and understanding of relay logic, PLC code, or others as applied to various control schemes.
- Keep current and apply knowledge of electrical components and electrical practices related to control of motors, including AC and DC motor theory, variable speed drives and reversing controls.
Required Skills (Technical Competency):
- Independently troubleshoot component failures, root cause analysis and propose suitable solutions.
- Responsible for Component selection, testing and qualification.
- Ability to read datasheets, interpret data and conclude best suited part as substitutes.
- Electrical design of cables – Wiring diagrams, cable diagrams & schematics.
- Identifying the suitable material, Creating EBOM, DFM/DFA.
- Team player to collaborate with PCB designers, Mechanical Designers and component and PCB vendors.
- Follow client specific documentation standards for all rework and new documents.
- Familiar with International codes and standards like ANSI, IPC, API
- Experience working with Oil and Gas industry company and valid H1B visa to work at client location
- Strong fundamentals in electronics systems and working knowledge of standard lab equipment (scopes, DMM, impedance analyzers, power supplies, etc.) is much preferred.
- Electrical Motor knowledge
- Working Knowledge of state-of-the-art methods & tools used in electrical design & development.
Physical Requirements & Work Environment:
- Mostly Office Environments, Occasional Shop Floor involvement.
- Substantial amounts of telephone and computer work.
- Heavily Regulated Industries with strict adherence to procedures.
- Flexibility to meet business deadlines by staying late or arriving early.
- Typical 8 hour days plus lunch / 40 hour weeks / core (required) hours are 9AM to 4PM
- Ability to use personal transportation to visit customer locations.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Total Years of Exp