DHL Global Forwarding (DGF) is the world leader in domestic, ocean, air freight services and one of the leading providers of freight forwarding services. Around 30,000 employees work to ensure we transport our customers of shipments by land, air or sea. DGF’s logistics solutions span the entire supply chain, from the factory to the shop floor. This also includes special transport-related services. Visit our career site on the web at https://www.logistics.dhl/us-en/home/careers.html
We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced DOMESTIC CUSTOMER SERVICE AGENT to direct and coordinate the domestic land/air movement of freight, This Agent will ensure constant optimization to deliver maximum productivity; ensures compliance with group business strategy and local business environment; adhere to regulations and internal procedures; and manage the ongoing interface with Customer Service, Product, and Global Service Centers. This position will be based at our Brisbane, CA location.
- Handle incoming customer calls with the intent of providing customer satisfaction, retention, and growth
- Perform and direct overall order and service-related activities for assigned Key Accounts
- Ensure timely and accurate information is provided to customers in a professional manner
- Respond to inquiries through phone, mail, email, fax, website, and/or face-to-face contact with customers
- Facilitate resolution of highest level of escalated or sensitive customer complaints through verbal or written contact with customer with broad use of discretion
- Provide advanced customer support
- Act as a liaison with various departments to ensure complaints are resolved to the customer’s satisfaction
- Recommends operational improvements
- Support First Choice, ISO and Process Improvement Company initiatives
- Ensure adherence to all Company Best Practice processes and principles
- Review and escalate Profit and Loss issues to improve operational performance to include cost controls, vendor management, account profitability, carrier selection and other profit enhancing opportunities
- Achieve established company and individual Key Performance Indicators
- Other similar responsibilities as needed/assigned
Skills / Requirements:
- 5+ years Freight Forwarding experience
- Competent with Logistic Management or similar programs
- Functionally competent with MS Office
- Strong, applicable problem solving /analytical skills
- Demonstrated Organizational Skills
- High Level Leadership Skills (communication, motivation and interpersonal skills)
- Demonstrates strong communication capabilities
- Easily capable of making well informed decisions
- BS/BA degree, desired
DHL GLOBAL FORWARDING HAS BEEN RECOGNIZED EXTERNALLY AS TOP EMPLOYER AND
WHY DOES THIS MATTER TO YOU?
- It means that when you partner with DHL Global Forwarding you’re working with an ethical and socially responsible company.
- We believe that when people love to come to work, they give more, try harder for their Customers, and are proud of the service they give.
- And that’s why external organizations have granted us different accolades for our people practices
Our Vision : The Logistics Company for the World
Our Purpose: We connect people, improving their lives.
Our Values: Respect & Results
Our Goals: Employer, Provider, and Investment of Choice, Living Responsibility
DHL Global Forwarding is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.
DHL Global Forwarding will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States. This is not a position for which visa sponsorship will be provided. Individuals who need sponsorship for work authorization, now or in the future, are not eligible for hire for this role.
About DHL Global Forwarding (DGF) :
DHL Global Forwarding (DGF) is the world leader in air freight services and one of the leading providers of ocean freight services. Around 30,000 employees work to ensure the transport of all kinds of shipments by air or sea. DGF’s logistics solutions span the entire supply chain, from the factory to the shop floor. They also include special transport-related services.
Equal Opportunity Employer, Disability/Vets. Click here for EEO Statements and Reasonable Accommodations.
If you require alternative methods of application or screening, you must approach the employer directly to request this as H1BVisaJobs is not responsible for the employer’s application process.