Director, Physician Recruiting – Baptist Health Medical Group – Madisonville
Apply for this job
- Demonstrates commitment to the quality, philosophy, and values of Baptist Health Deaconess Medical Group by maintaining established policies and procedures, organizational objectives, process improvement, and safety standards.
- Demonstrates the Baptist Health Deaconess Medical Group standards in all interpersonal relations.
Essential Job Functions:
The following is a summary of the major functions of this individual’s job. This position may perform other duties, both major and minor, which are not mentioned below, and specific functions may change from time to time.
Develop & Implement Action Plans to Improve Key Performance Indicators including:
- Reduce ‘days to fill’
- Minimize dependence on temporary physician staffing agencies
- Optimize applicant tracking system for physician recruitment
- Optimization of in-house sourcing, lead generation, and talent acquisition
- Key Performance Indicators as identified on the KPI report
2. Provide day to day oversight for the physician recruitment process, including: cold calling, initial contact, effective screening of references, presentation of candidate, site visits, collect feedback to improve and create a meaningful site visits. Provide backup coverage if a team member is absent.
3. Create a culture of accountability and establish expectations for:
- Creating a social media presence within the recruiting process and working with internal partners to drive website optimization.
- Collaborate with others and drive continuous process improvement activities and lead the communication and training efforts.
- Maintaining an effective pipeline of candidates by specialty by market.
- Working with physician leaders and staff to refer candidates and attending job board and regional conferences to promote active position searches.
- Manage the system wide tracking of all candidate activity in the applicant tracking system.
- Ensuring recruitment and retention of quality physicians through the proper hiring practices for the patients, community, and hospital.
4. Lead and mentor a physician recruitment and onboarding team by establishing annual goals, measuring performance, developing talent, coaching, and resolving problems as they arise.
5. Develop and maintain BHDMG physician recruitment budget. Evaluate spending on an on-going basis with the goal of maximizing cost effectiveness and return on investment of operations.
6. Manage weekly or monthly standardized reporting to be shared with senior leadership relating to physician recruitment success and strategic initiatives. Present on these findings as needed to management team or operational team meetings.
7. Cultivate relationships with medical schools, residency and fellowship programs to create a robust candidate pipeline.
8. Assist and manage retention efforts in rural markets. Assist in event planning, attend residency program seminars and events.
9. Develop and maintain proficiency in the immigration process for recruiting J-1 visa candidates and H-1B candidates. Work closely with the Director of Contracting to ensure that BHDMG follows the most current guidelines and recommendations. Facilitate the immigration process of all J1 visa waiver applications, H1B or permanent residency.
10. Ensures positive customer relations interactions:
- Manages difficult or emotional customer situations
- Responds promptly to customer needs
- Solicits customer feedback to improve service
- Responds to requests for service and assistance
- Meets commitments
11. Other duties as assigned.
If you would like to be part of a growing family focused on supporting clinical excellence, teamwork and innovation, we urge you to apply now!
Employees will be expected to comply with Baptist Health’s infectious disease and vaccination policies, which include but may not be limited to compliance with BHS’ mandatory vaccination policies for influenza and COVID unless reasonable accommodations are needed under applicable law
Baptist Health is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer.
If you require alternative methods of application or screening, you must approach the employer directly to request this as H1BVisaJobs is not responsible for the employer’s application process.