We sponsor H1B visas. We are open to employees working remotely from NM, CO, TX, NC, AZ, FL, IL, OR, MA, and possibly other states.
At Flow Science we solve the world’s toughest CFD problems involving free surface flows, turbulence, heat transfer and fluid-structure interaction. We are looking for a creative and motivated individual to join our R&D team to work on our CFD software FLOW-3D AM and FLOW-3D WELD.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities
- Developing additive manufacturing and welding processes
- Identify, research and implement new physical and numerical models
- Improve existing models
- Assist in resolving solver bugs
- Assist in verification and validation of the solution
Required Experience and Skills
- An engineering degree from an ABET or equivalently accredited university and some work experience
- BS degree (engineering/applied math/physics) with 3 years of relevant experience, OR
- MS degree (engineering/applied math/physics) with relevant experience, OR
- PhD degree (engineering/applied math/physics) with relevant experience is required
- Required experience
- Knowledge of laser and non-laser manufacturing processes (laser bed powder fusion, direct energy deposition, binder jetting, fused deposition)
- Knowledge of welding processes (spot & seam, oscillation, laser brazing, laser cladding, laser soldering, laser beam shaping, pulse & continuous welding, laser keyhole welding, welding of dissimilar metals)
- Proven experience with implementing physics and numerics in CFD codes
- Experience with finite difference/finite volume and discrete element methods
- Programming experience with modern Fortran/C
- OpenMP programming
- Debugging tools (gdb/valgrind/ITAC)
- Excellent communication, technical writing, and interpersonal skills to work seamlessly within and across our diverse, multicultural teams
- Excellent organizational skills, and a strong desire to learn new things
Desired Experience and Skills
- Experience using software FLOW-3D AM, FLOW-3D WELD or any other additive manufacturing software
- Knowledge of metallurgy
- Stress-deformation modeling experience
- Programming using the Message Passing Interface (MPI) library
- Version control systems (Git)
- Sphinx documentation
Flow Science offers an exceptional benefits package to full-time employees including medical, dental, vision insurances, life and disability insurances, 401(k) and profit-sharing plans with generous employer matching, and an incentive compensation plan that offers a year-end bonus opportunity up to 30% of base salary.
If you require alternative methods of application or screening, you must approach the employer directly to request this as H1BVisaJobs is not responsible for the employer’s application process.