What We’re Looking For
At HNTB, you can create a career that is meaningful to you while building communities that matter to all of us. For more than a century, we have been delivering solutions for some of the largest, most complex infrastructure projects across the country. With our historic growth, it is an exciting time to join our team of employee-owners.
This opportunity entails being responsible for managing assigned project(s) throughout their full lifecycle including developing the scope and technical sections of proposal and procurement documents to participating in contract negotiations and overseeing the delivery of the project plan to successfully accomplish HNTB’s 4 for 4 performance: delivery of quality work, on time, on budget and to the client’s satisfaction on every project. This position proactively manages the budget, schedule, technical requirements, contractual obligations, and client communications in support of the project’s objectives. Provides high level technical tasks while managing and reviewing design related specifications, calculations, reports and plans. Coordinates with internal and external partners including cross-discipline and functional teams to address and problem solve design related issues or concerns. The Project Manager I – Engineering typically manages project team(s) for one or more strategic (<$1M) projects or may lead and/or work as a discipline lead on a mini-mega ($1M to <$5M) project management team.
What You’ll Do:
- Responsible for development of the project scope and fee quotation and assists in the preparation of technical proposals and contracts in accordance with HNTB’s Sophisticated Contracting Approach (SCA).
- Serves as the primary client liaison and manages the project team to deliver the scope, schedule, and budgets to completion and to the client’s satisfaction. Assists with client project scoping and contract negotiations.
- Performs technical discipline tasks including analysis, reports, design, specification, and production for assigned projects.
- Implements the firm’s project delivery plan using HNTB’s Sophisticated Delivery Approach (SDA) on each project. Leads the development and the execution of the project management plan. Supervises and mentors team to overall project objectives.
- Performs coordination with managers on project staffing, including, but not limited to; recruitment, development, retention, and succession of project staff; development of plan for project staff reporting; and support for performance and compensation reviews.
- Partners with Client Service Leaders and pursuit champions to assist with business development, building client relationships, and pursuit efforts for strategic and mini-mega projects in accordance with HNTB’s Sophisticated Sales Approach (SSA). Works with the project team and marketing resources to prepare appropriate proposal and presentation materials. Leads proposal development and interview presentations for strategic and mini-mega projects to the client as well as general presentations within the industry and community.
- May be responsible for the recruitment, hiring, development, and retention of staff, including development of plan for staff reporting, performance and compensation reviews, and succession.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
What You’ll Need:
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering and 8 years of relevant experience
- 2 years task management or Deputy PM experience
What You’ll Bring:
- Serve as Project Manager overseeing consultants on Transportation projects in clients office. **
What We Prefer:
- 10 years relevant experience
- Professional Engineer (PE) certification
Click here for benefits information: HNTB Total Rewards
Click here to learn more about EOE including disability and vet
Visa sponsorship is available for this position.
NOTICE TO THIRD-PARTY AGENCIES:
HNTB does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or agencies. Any staffing/employment agency, person or entity that submits an unsolicited resume to this site does so with the understanding that the applicant’s resume will become the property of HNTB. HNTB will have the right to hire that applicant at its discretion and without any fee owed to the submitting staffing/employment agency, person or entity. Staffing/employment agencies who have fee agreements with HNTB must submit applicants to the designated HNTB recruiter to be eligible for placement fees.
Job Type: Regular
Full/Part Time: Full time
Job Category: Engineering Group
If you require alternative methods of application or screening, you must approach the employer directly to request this as H1BVisaJobs is not responsible for the employer’s application process.